CHAPTER 8

Julianna POV

The following day I woke up early and a little disoriented, how did I end up in bed? And everything came in a rush. . .oh, it was my birthday yesterday I had a pool party, all the important people in my life were there to celebrate it with me, and me and friends were having fun getting drunk and playing games and suddenly I remember now that jerk! He ruined my party. . .arg! What will my friends say, it's so humiliating. When I moved to step off my bed I notice that I'm already wearing my bathrobe, how did it happened? All I remember I was crying and I'm still in my swimsuit when I fell asleep. Anyways never mind, then continued to the bathroom to do my morning rituals.

After taking a bath and dressing myself with a simple white tank top and denim cut-off and a high-cut grey converse I step out my bedroom and went to search for breakfast, only to stop on my track when I notice who was already sitting in front of the breakfast table having coffee and reading the morning table. When I notice him looking at me, I tried to act nonchalant and ignore him. Sitting across him and helping myself with some fried rice, hotdogs and sunny-side-up, but how can you concentrate in eating when you know someone's watching you intently.

"Arg! Can you stop that!"

"What?" Came the innocent question

"What, what? You know obviously what I'm referring to, stop staring at me. Grrr" I glared and continued with my breakfast

"Hays. . .its obvious that you're still pissed off because of last night" he started "but can you blame me, you were drunk and doing things that are inappropriate!" Clearly his also pissed about last night

"What's wrong with having a little drink and some fun with your friends huh!"

"Fun? Is that what they call it now a days?! The way I see it, you were acting like a Stripper with that guy!"

"Excuse me! Mister all high and mighty that guy happened to be a very open and vocal gay guy! His completely harmless! Unlike you, I'm not some promiscuous flirt who bang every hole he sees in his way!"

"Woahhhh. . . .you did not just say that!" He said while towering over me across the table

"Why? Hindi ba totoo naman ha!" I also stood from my chair, we look like two pairs of gun slinger from wild Wild West glaring at each other like dogs

Then suddenly a voice spoke from somewhere "what's happening here now, you two?" We didn't even notice Tita's arrival, if she didn't spoke up

"Nothing. . ." We both said in unison and both sat down still glaring at each other

"Really?" Still not convince by our answer Tita look from me to Chris as if trying to answer a puzzle "oh well, obviously you'll two will eventually talked it out among yourself after both of you cools down" she continued "by the way, today me and your Tito will be traveling to the state for some emergency, ang kapatid kasi ng Tito niyo biglang tumawag ng family meeting.tsk3" when she did not elaborate her explanation, Hindi na lang namin inusisa pa, it's obvious private family affair yun.

"When will you be back Tita?" I asked, cause naturally if it will take time I'll be left all alone with the maids in the big house

"We still don't know ija, but don't worry we'll call you from time to time, and beside anjan naman sina Manang Trining(house keeper) at Manong Pepe(driver/gardener) also you can ask some of your friends to stay with you if you feel lonely"

"That won't be necessary Ninang, I'll be staying with Ian until you come back" Chris spoke suddenly, leaving me and Tita speechless

"But how about your company ijo, wouldn't you be missed?" Tita asked worriedly

"Don't you worry, that's why I was late in arriving here last night, because of business, I was trying to rush and finish things up, para maka pag relax relax naman ako here in Cebu for a few days, also if any problem will arise may mga competent na tauhan naman ako working for me or I can always work via network thru internet. Right?" So that was the end of the conversation, everything was settled both the oldies will fly tonight for the state and Chris will stay with me until they come back. But we still got problems, I am still not talking to him, manigas siya!

Chris POV

I was seated at the moment in the garden lounge doing some minor check up from my phone in the office when I notice, Ian coming from the house obviously preparing to go out, if her sling bag and get up is any indication, she's only simply dressed with her earlier white tank top, cut-off denim short shorts, high-cut converse, sling bag and shades.

"Hey where are you going?" I called up, when I saw she's trying to decided if she will confine in me or not I added "I thought you want to try your new baby for a test drive, since last night we didn't make it"

"Can we do it later, I'm off to the mall I have things to buy for school" she explained I think she's starting to mellow down from her anger

"Oh. Why don't I come with you, so that we can take your new car for a ride" I suggest "come on, your not still mad at me for last night, I already apologies earlier" yes even I know I'm right I did apologies while we finish our breakfast this morning, I know that if I'll not make the first move 'hell freezes' before I will receive any acknowledgement from her, she's one hell of a stubborn brat. "It will be like two birds in one stone. We test drive your car and we get to buy the things you need at the mall, what do you say?" I pressed my case.

"Oh huh. . .okey. . ,you win. . .hurry up and dress" She give in reluctantly which made me smile because she was so cute pouting her lips like a child

* * *

We are now at the mall, I'm helping her carry the things she brought for her school literally ThingS, with a big S cause honestly I thought she wanted to buy the whole freaking national bookstore, all those art stuff that she said they need at school for their booth making contest. Hahayz what did I get myself into.

"Aggg. . .do you expect you can carry all this by yourself if you went without me?" I asked her, trying to balance my load from my arms, my God it's to much, so heavy damn!

"Actually Chris I thought to call my group and asked the boys to help me with the purchase, but since you insist of tagging along, I changed my mind, baka masigaw mo na naman ang mga group mates ko" she explained, I wanted to comment but when she mentioned 'boys' I refer to shut my mouth, tsk, I felt that she really knows how to bring me to my proper place and to think I'm the legal guardian between us.hmf

They walked to the parking lot to dispose the stuff she brought after that she turned to me and said since we were already there why don't we enjoy the mall and grab something to eat since it's way pass lunch time. So we strolled along the mall with her pulling me here and there asking my opinion of the dress she choose was ok with her or if it fits her. Hahayz mga babae nga naman.

"Look ma, aren't they a lovely couple? Reminds me of our younger days" I heard an old man mention from the nearby table, we are currently at the food court and eating our lunch, Ian was asking me to taste her choice of food "how sweet, mahal" the older woman answered her husband, maybe to the onlookers we look like a couple of lovers, me wearing a simple v-neck white shirt, walking shorts and vans and Ian in her outfit. I don't know if she heard the couple because she did not indicate that she heard or care with it.

"Say ahhh Chris. . .come on taste this Dinuguan it's delicious specially if you eat it with puto" she offered me some, after she dip a small piece of the rice-cake into the dark soup of the dish and put it inside my mouth after I open to received it "yummy isn't it?"

"Hmm. . .hmm. . .yes" I answered and she gave me a smile clearly pleased that I agreed with her, it's not the first time that this happens to us, we are used to feeding each other if we go for our quality time 'food trip' if I happen to visit her here in Cebu or she to me in Manila, in the whole two years of my guardianship I found, me and Ian becoming so close that nothing we did or talked about embarrassed us both anymore, although some times we still argued like cats and dogs just like you find in a normal family or siblings. I love her dearly, this young girl that replaced the family I lost.