Chapter 21

Julianna POV

It's my graduation day today, Chris just arrived this morning and since mamaya pa naman hapon ang graduation ko, everyone is busy in preparing my after graduation party, proud na proud kasi sina Tita and Tito dahil I'll be graduating asusual with flying colors. I decided to stay in my room to rest dahil Hindi maganda ang pakiramdam ko as well as umiwas Kay Chris, somehow I'm thankful na Hindi pa niya pinapaalam kina Tita of his decision to marry me and because of it Hindi pa rin ako nawawala ng pagasa na baka ma change ko pa ang Isip niya regarding that area.

Knock. . . .knock. . .knock

"Julianna, iha nasa baba na si Chris Hindi mo ba siya sasalubungin as baba?" Tita Grace asked me from outside my door

"Hindi na lang muna Tita, I need to rest kasi and I'm not feeling that well" I called out to her, only turning around from my position laying face down in bed when I heard Tita open my door to peek at me.

"Ok ka lang ba iha? Kaya mo pa bang mag attend ng graduation mo? We can cancel the party afterwards if you like?"

"Ok lang ako Tita, I just need some rest, maybe I ate something bad last night kaya medjo nasusuka ako at nahihilo, pero ngayon ok na ako, kailangan ko lang Siguro ilabas yun kanina" I assured her with a smile.

"If you are sure iha, if you need anything we are just down stairs preparing, ok?" Then she left me alone

After a while, I heard my door open again thinking it was just Tita again I did turn around just kept on laying face down the bed, until I heard him speak

"I heard from Tita that you are not feeling well Ian, is that true?"

"What are you doing here Chris?!" I asked turning around in shocked and sat from my bed, panicking a little because he was alone with me in my room, datirati wala naman akong pakialam Kung pumapasok siya sa kwarto ko pero I don't know why I'm so conscious with his presence here now. "Ok na man ako, nawala na ang Hilo ko kanina, you can leave now"

"Julianna, I know you are still upset about last time, pero please don't do this to me, to us" he pleaded while taking a sit beside me, taking my fist from my lap in his hand.

"What are you talking about Chris?" I asked trying to pull back

"Please don't shut me out, look at you? You are clearly avoiding me and I can't take it anymore"

"Chris. . ." I was about to start but he cut me off

"Ok ok you win, I'll not force you to marry me if you don't want to" he said sadly "maybe you think I'm not worthy enough to be married to you, after your graduation I will leave you alone and never bother you anymore" he stood up from the bed and turn to leave but stop before the door with his hands on the knob "but remember even if you won't believe me or you can't return my feelings I want you to know that I love you" then he was out the door leaving me speechless with shock looking at the closed door of my bedroom.

* * * *

Finally it was afternoon and I was marching inside the graduation hall, but still my mind was not on the occasion but on the conversation we had earlier on my bedroom, I look around and spotted Chris on a bleacher near the stage he was smiling at me but you can tell that he was sad at the same time, can I trust his declaration of affection to me? I know he likes me and even love me, but i thought it was just a love of a brother to a sister or a guardian to his ward, but when he said that he loves me inside my room I felt his loved for me was the love of a guy to his beloved girl not only in his words but also in his eyes when he looked at me before he left my room. Was I making a mistake by rejecting him? Was love worth the risk of being hurt someday?

"Ms. Julianna Marie Perez" my name was called up the stage it's my turn and Chris was the one selected to hang my awards, because according to Tita Grace, Chris was my guardian, albeit My Arrogant Guardian.

I climbed up the stage with Chris at my side, when he finish hanging all my medals for me he look at me in my eyes and kissed my cheeks "congratulation, Ian" he said with a smile

"I love you too" I whispered back to him looking him in the eye which widen a little when he heard me and his smile widen even more, then without minding that we have graduation hall full of audience he kissed me fully in my mouth, not really caring that everyone was looking at us with their mouth open.

"Yes! I love you so much Julianna Marie Perez!" He shouted happily, then he turned back to me and kneel before me while fishing something in his pocket "I don't know when or how it started, maybe from the start when we kept on arguing, but I love you now and forever and will you marry me, Ian?"

I look at him with tears of joy in my eyes and answer "yes I will! I love you too Christopher Monteverde, I never realize how much until this morning" we kissed some more with a loud of applause from our happy and thrilled audience was heard for the background noise. And that was the best graduation gift ever! Being loved by my arrogant guardian.