CHAPTER 5

Chris POV

After last nights incident, something changed between us, Julianna and I had some mutual understanding and respect for each other. The whole remaining trip turned out as Mike's dreaded from the start ended up with me and him baby-sitting the girls the whole trip. And only got to enjoy the night life after those two retire for the night which is until 9 pm lang, ano sila, Sinuswerte, mga minor palang sila kaya after 9 back to the cottage na ang dalawa. As the saying goes 'when the cats away the mouse will play' literally play hard, bar hopping, flirting, necking with unknown girls out there. You name it, we've done it, but even with our late nights adventure me and Mike never fails to accompany my ward and his sister in the morning, what a small sacrifice to make just for the remaining day in boracay. For our last night, Mike and me decided that we would stay in and drink and relax in peace in the cottage, we are currently at the second floor balcony since it's close to dawn all the other occupant of the said cottage are already asleep.

"So bro, what's your plan for Julianna now?" Mike asked

I know from the start that Mike has some special feelings for my ward but I'm not worried cause I know that Mike's respect Julianna's young age and he will not make a move until when Ian reach the legal age

"base from what happened the other day, your ward is a very attractive girl, Hindi mo pwede na basta basta na lang iwan sya magisa here Sa Cebu, knowing she has no one else now except you in her life"

"I know bro, I already talked to my ninang regarding my dilemma and she already agreed to help me with regards to Ian" I started, during my talked with Ninang Grace before the trip she agreed that I can't be left alone to take care of my ward and I need help regarding her, specially now that my responsibility in the company is getting bigger and heavier, in fact this weekend is the last day I can unwind cause of the many different problems arising in my company.hish!

"So what's the verdict?"

"I think I need to talk to Ian heart-to-heart as soon as possible" and we continued to drink in silence, while both having things running in our head.

* * *

The following day, I decided to talked to Ian in private while the rest of the member, went for the last souvenir hunting. I ask Mike and his family that me and Ian needs some privacy to talked about her future and luckily they agreed.

"Ian, I know until now you are still in denial of your parents wish" I said calmly when we found ourself outside seating at the balcony of our rooms . "What's done is done, we both know we cannot change it" when only silence meet my statement I look at her and she's just staring blindly at her hands on her lap "I may not be the perfect person to be your guardian, aaminin ko I'm scared shitless, but I'll be damn before I will shrink in my duties"

"I'm sorry Chris if I was a bitch to you this past few months" she replied softly, still not meeting my eyes and biting her lips nervously "I was also scared and overcome with grief and I throw all my anger and frustrations in your way" guilt was written all over her face when she said those word "I know you are just trying to do your responsibilities with me, despite of us not being related by blood"

"For what it's worth let's work things out, ok Ian?" I asked, when she nod her head in agreement, I continued "do you know, I have a very close godmother here in Cebu, we had a little conversation before the trip to boracay" when she raised her head to look at me in confusion "she agreed that as long as you want to stay and study here in Cebu she will gladly open her doors to you and treat you as their daughter"

"Huh?but she doesn't know me Chris, how are you sure that she will want me in her home and will accept me an orphan" ever since she started highschool in Cebu, Julianna was staying at the in-dorm provided by the school and only from time to time travel home to see her parents if they are available or her parents visits her in Cebu for special occasions and vacations.

"She knows you well Ian and I know you know her also" I smiled "also Ninang and Tito doesn't have any children of their own kaya sabik sila Sa anak, also in my younger years mas close pa nga ako Sa kanila kaysa Sa sarili kong magulang kaya alam ko they'll love you as their own"

"Really?"

"Yes, really" I confirmed with a smile "the person I'm pertaining is none other than the president of your school"

* * *

Julianna POV

After I agreed to Chris suggestions we decided that after we go back to Cebu he will bring me to his Ninang's house since he is staying there until he go back to Manila the day after tomorrow, said he will help me settle down first before going back to work. Mas Lalo na tuloy ako naguiguilty Sa inasal ko dati. Now we are currently at his Ninang's mansion doing dinner the older couple accepted me warm heartedly, you can't imagine that the most fearsome and strict president of our school was such a very warm motherly figure outside the school premises.

"Oh Julianna ija, kain ka pa ng madami jan" Tita offered, yes Tita Grace was the address she wants me to call her if we are outside the school ground "wag kang mahiya, tingnan mo tong dalawang lalaki Sa buhay ko parang walang pakiaalam Sa paligid pagkaharap ang pagkain" she indicate Tito Arturo her husband and Chris who are eating like there's tomorrow.

"It's because Ninang I missed your cooking" teased by Chris still not stopping in munching his food on his plate "you are still the best cooked in the whole world"

"Yes hon, Chris is right" second Tito Arturo smiling but still continue with his food.

And we both laugh at the two antics they really look likes 'patay gutom' when they eats, it's true the foods are delicious, it shows that Tita took an effort to cook the feast before us now, there's all kind of dishes beef steak, Lechon kawali, estopado, pancit gisado and etc. not to mention the desert Leche flan my favorite. Hehehe it's the request of Chris that no seafoods tonight cause accordingly 'purgang purga na siya Sa seafoods' in boracay, which we all laugh it's obvious his very spoiled with the older couple it shows they love him so much and him to them.

"So ija, what do you want to do after high school" asked by Tito after dinner, we were still seating at the dinner table drinking coffee "we know it's to early, but it's better to be early than to be late ika nga"

When I saw that Chris was also waiting for my answer, I answered honestly "the truth is after high school I wanted to stay here in Cebu to continue my study"

"So what course do you want to take" this came from Tita, still Chris kept quiet and only contented in letting them continue the conversation

"I wanted to take up nursing"

"Why nursing?" And Chris broke his silence with that question "why not course related to business, you know you still have shares in the company"

"I honestly don't know, maybe because nursing is a practical course to take now a days" I explained "or because it's a flexible course, if you Finnish up nursing you can fly abroad or work here, or even apply work that is not related to medicine as long as you are willing to learn"

"She has a point there son" agreed by the older man, and they started to changed topics after topics until we end up all laughing at some of Tito's corny jokes, after the initial awkwardness of being introduce and being trust to be taken care of from total strangers. I realize that I'll always be grateful that Chris was the one chosen to be my 'Arrogant Guardian' we started as enemies but end up as friends. Hopefully this peace agreement between us will last.hehehe