Chapter 12

Julianna POV

I went home early from school since it was exam week, I was just browsing some of my notes when I heard someone ringing the doorbell, I know one of our helpers will open the door so I did not stand from the sofa I was sitting.

"Julianna ija, may babae naghahanap Kay sir Chris mukhang artista" called Manang Trining from the entrance of the living room "papasokin ko ba?sabi ko nga sakanya wala si sir eh may pinuntahan pero makulit maghihintay daw siya"

"Sige Manang papasokin mo na lng dito Sa living room baka importante ang sadya Nya Kay Chris" but when I saw the said lady I soon realize my mistake, because the said lady if I can call her that, the way she dress was too showy showing little for imagination on her body in a red to tight skinny dress that shows her curves but no doubt she was pretty, until she open her mouth.

"Can I help you miss?sorry wala pa si Chris Sa Bahay baka mamaya pa yun uuwi may business meeting daw kasi" I politely asked

"So I heard from the maid" she arrogantly said while making herself at home sitting in one of the sofas unfortunately facing me "by the way ako pala si scarlet you may be familiar with me since I'm one of the well known actress nowadays" so that is why Manang Trining said mukhang artista because she is indeed an actress

"Oh nice to meet you Scarlett, I'm Julianna, Chris . . ." I introduce myself calmly, not showing my annoyance with her attitude but she cut in

"So ikaw pala si Julianna?hmnnn. . . .i admit you are beautiful but what are you in Chris life?" I was about to clarify what my role in Christ life when the said person arrived and the heated discussion started, i just maintain my position siting down and just observe the scene In front of me, from what I gathered the girl was one of Chris ex but the girl was still trying to fight to save their relationship if you could call what they have a relationship, then Chris drag the girl outside leaving me in the living room alone. So I pretend to continue in my reading until he returned, I tried to stay calm and ignored him when he tried to apologies, why do I need his apology the way I see it mas kailangan ng babaeng yun ang sorry niya. But something he said snap my control, I felt sympathy for the female population because of guys like Chris who treat girls like shit. I shouted at him and nag and left him in the living room I was fuming.

* * *

I'm currently in my bedroom lying down thinking of the incident earlier and what the girl warned me regarding Chris, duh. . .why did she need to warn me like that, my relationship with Chris was never anything but sibling-like, Chris was my brother and father all role in one, and I'm his little sister and daughter role in one too. Nothing romantically will ever come between us, even if sometimes I become aware how manly and handsome he is. I always try to block that thought, he is just Chris my loving guardian.

* * *

The following day we both tried to act that nothing happened the previews day, Chris being same old Chris asked again for my forgiveness and promise that it will not happened again, which I doubt because being the hot and mighty Chris chix will just follow him everywhere and him being a certified playboy he will just as always 'love em and leave em'.

"So Ian, Tita and Tito are arriving this weekend and since they'll be coming home I guest I need to go back in Manila" Chris started when we were dining out at some classy restaurant he wanted us to try

"Who said that I need a baby sitter I told you before that even without Tito and Tita I can take care of my self, you don't need to stay with me here in Cebu duhhhh. . ." I said with emphasis while flinging my hair like a spoiled bitch

"Don't you start with me again Ian" hahahaha his so pikon, both his eyebrows starting to meet again, come to think of it even after we arrive to the restaurant he was already not in the mode, wonder why.

"Just joking Chris, I really appreciate your company and you know that" I said sincerely "but that doesn't erase the fact, that I can take care of myself, I really don't need you or anyone to always stand on guard" I placed my hand on top of his and gave a little squeeze "please hear me out, I know I know you just want to protect me and I'm eternally grateful, but it's high time that you allow me some little space I'm already in college"

"Sit up straight Ian!" Was his reply making me wonder if he even heard what I was saying

"What?why?" I asked him puzzled by his order, so I did what he said and arrange my sit because when I was talking to him earlier while holding his hand I was leaning a little to the front

"Why?dont you realize that every God damn guy present here in this God damn place is looking at you and your cleavage?!" He barely roared out "why the heck did you use that dress?"

"What?i thought you like it!you said I look beautiful in it!" I defended myself,earlier when I met him downstairs at the house he was literally speechless at my appearance and said that I was beautiful, now he changed his theme, what a bipolar guy. I was using a simple square neck emerald green cocktail dress with spaghetti straps it was a little above the knee and maybe a little figure hugging but still presentable and modest.

"Yes I said you are beautiful I didn't realize how revealing it was until we arrived here and all the guys can't keep their eyes off you"

"Revealing?!" I was offended "that's rich coming from you!it is nothing compare to what your usual dates uses" it's true I've seen the usual ladies he escorted from the papers and magazine they were all revealing and suggestive, try yesterday even scarlet was using something seductive and it was only late afternoon.

"Ian you are not one of my dates so I don't want you to float yourself!"

"That's it I've had it! Go preach to someone else" I started standing from my sits but was held down by Chris hand on my arm

"Sorry" he said softly in apologetic voice "I know I was way out of line, I just don't want anyone looking at you badly" and he stood up removing his suit jacket and placed it on my shoulder "can we start our dinner now?just don't remove the jacket please" he said and we continued with our food trip peacefully, already forgetting our earlier argument regarding my clothings.