Chapter 14

Justice..

That’s the thing that is so hard to get nowadays. It’s so hard to conquer justice mostly when you belong in the low profile individuals. That’s why some people ended up on taking vengeance.

They thought that vengeance can ease their thirst for justice. But they are wrong.

Because the moment you decided to take vengeance is also the moment you buried yourself in the grave of delinquency.

I lost my family in an inhumane way, but I never thought of taking vengeance. Instead I chose to conquer justice in my own justifiable way.

Now that I’m finally a President, I can now conquer the justice for my family that I have longed for. But now, it’s not just for my family. It is also for the death of Mr. Guanzon and to the other people out there. In my administration I will make sure that everyone will get the justice that they all deserve.

Hindi ko maalis sa sistema ko ang pagkamangha habang binabaybay ko ang pasilyo ng Malacañang. Ang palasyo na kay tagal kong pinangarap na pasukin. Ngunit ngayon ay heto na ako’t naglalakad nang malaya. Heto na ako’t naglalakad patungo sa posisyon na pinangarap ko.

“Good morning Ms. President,” bati sa ‘kin ng mga politikong nakakasalubong ko. Tipid lang akong tumango sa kanila at ngumiti bilang sagot.

“Eury sigurado ka ba talagang hindi ka uuwi ngayon sa Cebu?” Muling tanong sa ‘kin ni Mnemosyne. She keeps on asking that question over and over.

“M, you understand me right?” She nodded.

“Today is my first day and I just can’t skip it. And you know that I have to do something about Mr. Guanzon’s death right?” Muli s’yang tumango. Kung hindi lang sana nangyari ang hindi ko inaasahan malamang ay nakauwi pa ako ng Cebu kahapon.

“Of course I understand you, I’m sorry,” nakatungo n’yang sabi.

“That’s okay. Teka kailan ba ang exact date ng kasal n’yo ni Greg?” Pag-iiba ko sa usapan. Nagulat ako matapos bigla s’yang tumahimik at hindi man lang nag-abalang sagutin ang tanong ko.

“Hey, you okay? May nangyari bang hindi maganda sa inyo?” Nag-aalala kong wika. This is not M, she’s always excited when it comes to their wedding.

“Eury, I feel like I’m not yet ready to get marry.” Confusion and shock automatically got me when I heard her words.

“Why do you feel that?”

“I don’t know,” Nanlulumo n’yang sagot.

“M look, just hang on there okay? Kung hindi ka pa talaga ready why don’t you just change the date? M,don’t waste your 5 years relationship okay?” Tumango s’ya sa sinabi ko.

“Kahit pala NBSB ka marunong ka rin palang mag-advice tungkol sa relasyon,” natatawa n’yang sagot. Natawa na lang din ako.

“What do you expect? I’m Eurydice de Lara and I’m always ready for everything.” Biro ko.

“So you’re also ready to be in a relationship with that green-eyed General huh?” Nakangisi n’yang tanong habang itinataas baba ang kaliwang kilay n’ya. Teasing me again.