One

I'm jolted from my sleep as my foster mother shouts downstairs, "Adalyn! Wake up!". Jumping out of bed i rush to get dressed.  My step mother was a bitch, she had treated me like i was an inconvenience for the past 15 years. The only kind thing she ever does for me is buy me clothes because she cant have me tarnishing her image any further.

My name is Adalyn Hayes and basically when i was a two someone left me on Elena's doorstep with nothing but a letter explaining that my parents were murdered and i was a witch, this is will be my fifth year at Beauxbatons school of witchcraft. My adoptive mother Elena has taken care of me for 15 years, she doesnt really like me but she isnt abusive.

Hastily i jump out of my black bed and rush to my closet and pull out a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a black halter neck shirt with a leather jacket pairing it with my favorite pair of black heeled ankle boots. After changing into my clothes i run a brush through my long curly red hair and apply mascara to accent my blue eyes, looking down my eye catches my gold neclace that has an emerald dangling from it shaped like a heart, this was the only thing i have left from my old life apparently it was around my neck when my foster mother found me on her doorstep.

Rushing along the elegant white halls and down our marble staircase i find Elena my foster mom sitting on the couch across from a strange looking elderly man with a long white beard, they seem to be deep into discussion since the didnt notice my presence until i was seated in one of our leather chairs next to them. As if just noticing me both sets of eyes snap up locking their gazes onto me making me increasingly uncomfortable.

"Adalyn this is professor Dumbledore hes traveled a long way to see you" Elena says, OH.MY.GOD! This is THE professor Dumbledor, hes the headmaster at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. I've always wanted to go there they are one of the best schools, and its not a preppy bitchy school like Beauxbatons is and is much less strict from what ive heard.

"It's a pleasure professor Dumbledore ive always admired your work at Hogwarts sir" i tell him genuinely causing a slight smile to appear on his face. Elena looks bored with this entire encouter but never the less keeps her fake smile plastered onto her overly Botoxed face.

"Thank you Adalyn, i have come here to discuss some pressing matters with you and Mrs. Hayes. Adalyn in the letter we left with Mrs. Hayes we inform you that your parents were murdered by a certain dark wizard Voldemort. What we left out for your safety and his is that you had a little brother Harry Potter who survived the attack with a scar identical to the one you have under your jawline. Harry will be in his fourth year at Hogwarts and i think it is time for you to be reunited again."

My heart stopped, i could feel tears welling up in my eyes and it was all i could do to hold back the sobs. I had a little brother who had to grow up alone without his parents and his sister to protect him, i abandoned my flesh and blood even if it wasnt my fault.

"I-ill g-go to Hogwarts. D-does he know about me?" i manage to choke out in between my sobs.

"No, i plan on telling him when he returns to school its not really something i could tell him over a letter. Being as the school year begins soon i was hoping you would travel back to Scotland with me i have a family willing to house you for the remaining week."

"Okay, should i go pack my things? It wont be a problem for them will it?" I ask not wanting to intrude into a family that doesnt know a thing about me. The entire time Elena was silent, im shocked she is just letting me leave but then again she doesnt really like men much so shes probably internally throwing a party.

"Yes you should and the Weasleys are more than happy to house you, and thier youngest son is a good friend of your brothers" he says with a smile.

Sooo guys this is my first fan fiction, I had it posted to my old account but I got locked out and thankfully I had it stored in my notes so I didn't loose it. I hope you guys like it! Tell me what you think I'd love to hear your thoughts on this chapter❤️