Luke's secret weapon

Derek slowly raised his hands in surrender. Stiles was watching this all with wide eyes, silently arguing with himself if it was safe for him to step in or not. Luke closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. He stepped away from Derek and looked at him with apologetic expression.

"No more talk about me or that night. Both of you." Said Lucien and lied back down on Stiles' bed. And that's when Danny arrived.

"You want me to do what?"

"Trace a text."

"I came here to do lab work. That's what lab partners do." Protested Danny and Luke watched with amusement.

"And we will, once you trace the text."

"And what makes you think I know how?"

"I - I looked up your arrest report, so- "

"I - I was 13. They dropped the charges."

"Whatever."

"No, we're doing lab work. Who's he again?"

"Um, my cousin - Miguel." Luke snorted and quickly started coughing to cover it up.

"Is that blood on his shirt?"

"Yeah. Yes. Well, he gets these horrible nosebleeds. Hey, Miguel. I thought I told you you could borrow one of my shirts. So anyway, I mean, we both know you have the skills to trace that text, so we should probably-" Derek glared at Stiles, slammed the book he was reading shut and got up to change shirts.

"Uh, Stiles?"

"Yes?"

"This - no fit." At this point, Luke was surprised that he didn't start crying from holding back laughter.

"Then try something else on. Sorry. Hey, that one looks pretty good, huh? What do you think, Danny? The shirt."

"It's - it's not really his colour." Said Danny while trying not to stare at Derek. The werewolf huffed and took off the blue and orange striped shirt. Luke caught himself staring at Dereks back and mentally slapped himself.

"You swing for a different team, but you still play ball, don't you, Danny boy?"

"You're a horrible person."

"I know. It keeps me awake at night. Anyway, about that text."

"Stiles! None of these fit." Growled Derek but Danny still didn't look convinced. So Luke decided to use his secret weapon. He sat up straight and yawned while arching his back. He made sure that his shirt lifted up enough to reveal his belly button and his lightly toned muscles. He resisted his urge to smile when he felt three pairs of eyes on him.

"I'll need the ISP, the phone number, and the exact time of the text." Said Danny quickly while averting his eyes from the boy on Stiles' bed.

"There. The text was sent from a computer. This one."

"Registered to that account name?"

"No, no, no, no. That can't be right."

-Time skip-

"Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start."

"I know. Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him - tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay? All right, thanks." Said Stiles to the phone and Derek and Luke looked at him sceptically.

"You're not gonna make it." Said both Derek and Luke.

"I know."

"And you didn't tell him about his mom, either."

"Not till we find out the truth."

"By the way, one more thing." Sarcastically smiled Derek and Luke winced as the werewolf slammed Stiles' head against the steering wheel.

"Oh, God! What the hell was-"

"You know what that was for. Go. Go!" Stiles gotout of the car with wincing and groaning and headed towards the hospital.