Chapter Twelve.

Master hadn't yet chained her back to the rope swing and the chains hung loosely around her thin wrists as she sat against the wall.

Olivia hadn't spoken since their time in the dining room, and it caused the time to drag by.

Ruby pondered how long she had sat there. She knew it had to be at least a few hours, if not days.

Her formerly full stomach, now growled in hunger and her throat was parched from the lack of something to drink.

For once, she actually wanted to see Master. At least then she wouldn't be stuck in complete silence.

Ruby understood Olivia's grief. She had no idea how long Olivia and Davina had spent together. How long they had spent trapped in this hellhole. Maybe they had become best friends. Maybe Davina was the only thing left for Olivia to cling to.

Ruby didn't push the subject. She accepted the silence as she waited.

But when she finally heard the stairs above creak, she couldn't help but feel relieved.

Except confusion soon set in as Ruby realized that their was more then one set of footsteps.

Her first thought was maybe it wasn't Master. Maybe it was someone coming to rescue them? Ruby considered this thought for only a moment, before she started screaming.

Her screams echoed off the walls, and she knew that whoever was coming down those stairs would hear her.

The footsteps got closer, and the door was pushed open from the outside. Ruby's screams stopped as she saw Master enter the room, dragging a young male behind him.

The man grudgingly walked, almost seeming like he would fight back in any moment.

"My darling Ruby, is that anyway to treat our new addition? Dry your tears, my dear." Master said, smiling softly.

"Addition? Addition to what?" The young man said, anger lacing his tone. Ruby didn't think he was much older then her. His blonde hair fell down to his shoulders, and was caked in blood, no doubt coming from the wound on his head.

Master sneered, "Rule number one. Don't ask questions."

"Rules?! So help me, the second I get out of these chains, I'll kill you." The man said, squaring his shoulders.

Master's cheeks turned red, and he balled up his fists, "You're going to regret saying such a thing."

Ruby didn't comprehend what was happening at first, but then the young man was laying on the floor, blood pouring from his newly busted lip.

Master pulled his leg back, kicking the man directly in the ribs. "You should feel honored to be here. We'll have to do something about that attitude of yours."