Chapter Nineteen.

Ruby sat against the cold wall in silence.

Once Master had returned them to their room, he left in a hurry, not even bothering to secure their chains to the walls.

Theo hadn't spoken since his hanging. He only sat there, a hand wrapped securely around his neck.

The bruising had already started. A thick line of blue circled his throat from where the rope had been so tight.

Ruby wasn't as concerned about him as she should have been though. She was angry with Olivia.

Olivia had just spoken about how they were all going to make it out alive. And then she just took her own life.

Ruby was honestly more jealous then angry. She wanted out of this hellhole, even if it meant dying.

She didn't fear death anymore. She prayed for it.

Ruby leaned her head against the wall, closing her eyes.

She was almost asleep when she heard quick footsteps from upstairs.

A few moments passed and then Master burst into the room, almost as if he were in a frenzy.

"She's gone! She's going to ruin everything!" He yelled, grabbing their chains and pulling them from the floor.

Ruby was baffled, "Who's gone?"

Master ignored her, as he attempted to wipe the fresh tears from his cheeks, "How could she do this? They're going to take my collection!"

Master paced back and forth in the small room, "We can run. We have to run!"

"Run from what?" Theo yelled, frustration growing in his tone.

Master yanked their chains, pulling them out the door. He rushed them upstairs, and through the theater halls.

Ruby, recognizing their surroundings, realizing that they were nearing the entrance of the theater.

He couldn't possibly be leaving the theater, could he? But then Ruby spotted the large entrance and realized Master was running straight towards it.

The sunlight hit her before she could even comprehend what was happening. It burned her skin, and she threw her hands up to block her eyes.

In the distance, sirens sounded. This only seemed to make Master run faster.

Was the sirens for them?

Master ran for his vehicle, which strangely enough was parked directly in front of the theater.

Theo and Ruby struggled to keep up with the pull of the chains.

The first police car whipped into the abandoned parking lot, slamming his vehicle into park. Seconds later, he had his gun out pointing it at Master, who was still running.

More police cars arrived within seconds, following the same procedure.

"Henry Walker! Put your hands up and step away from those children!"

Ruby looked bewildered when she heard Masters real name. And then relief took over when she realized that this was it. They were being rescued.

Master seemed to panic, glancing at his small collection and then back at his vehicle.

Ruby felt the tug of the chain one last time, but before Master could move, she heard the buzzing of a taser go off.

Master fell to the ground, his body locking up.

Police quickly surrounded them, checking for injuries and Ruby even heard one of them call for an ambulance.

And just like that, this nightmare that she had been put through for weeks was finally over.