29; as time goes on

Priyanka was happy.

She had stayed at Carlisle's home for two weeks now, and was, well, thriving under the shy sun the Cullens were.

Carlisle tutored her in the art of trauma, Esme cooked daily with her, and fawned over the girl, giving her mother's love.

Edward connected with her like no other; he always knew what she was thinking and was quick to reassure her. Bella, well, with Bella, the two girls had forgiven each other with some tears and a hug.

Alice was Priyanka's mischief partner; the two thought of ways to prank the rest of the family daily, and Jasper somehow had the intuition tuned into her feelings and emotions; she always felt safe and loved with him.

Cody desperately needed love and care, Priyanka found after a week, and she found herself cuddling Cody almost all the time.

Emmett, however, Emmett was the only Cullen Priyanka viewed with a somewhat romantic interest. From afar, the joker boy seemed athletic and nothing more, but up close Emmett was intelligent in his own way.

And Priyanka found herself in him, albeit in a very strange way.

Like the times he would make dirty jokes, and Priyanka would giggle appreciatively.

And when Priyanka teased Bella about Edward, knowing Emmett was doing the same to Edward.

And when Emmett would catch Priyanka when she fell.

Emmett fell too; Edward would find the decline in happiness and rush to his room to comfort him only to find Priyanka already sitting beside him on the bed.

They were two peas in a pod, and the Cullens watched them daily to see the lovebird's adoration only grow.

And as time went on, Priyanka found herself melding into Emmett's embrace after difficult therapy sessions she still had to attend with Carlisle.

Emmett comforted her at every step, and Priyanka seemed so in tune with him that she rivalled even Edward.

Everything would've worked out fine if Emmett had been human.

Of course he wasn't, and Priyanka's past came back to haunt her, and maybe end her pain once and for all.

- N O V E M B E R 1 2 2 0 0 6-

Priyanka stretched lazily, yawning like a cat.

"You look like a sloth," A voice sounded from the corner of the room.

"AAAGH," Priyanka yelped, falling off of the bed. Emmett stood up from the beanbag in the corner, "You don't really think I'd sleep on the floor, hey?"

Emmett shook his curly hair out, grinning wildly. "So that's how Edward feels," He mused out loud.

"What?" Priyanka mumbled, still half-asleep.

"Nothing, babe," Emmett smiled gently.

Priyanka froze mid-yawn. "Okay, I heard that. Emmett Cullen, you could've just asked, you know,"

Emmett walked over to the bed, pulling Priyanka into his lap where she snuggled gently. He was glad that her scent was nothing but the calm ocean's breeze, and her blood smelled like candied caramel.

Delicious, but not mouthwatering. No, just good enough for Emmett to want Priyanka always around him.

"Sorry Pri," Emmett whispered into her ear, "I was... shy," He admitted.

"Emmett Cullen was nervous?" Priyanka chuckled breathily, extremely aware of the mounting sexual tension in the room, "Well that's certainly a first."

Emmett leaned his head towards the girl, and without wasting a breath, Priyanka let their lips connect.

All of the thoughts about her family, her schooling, her trauma, her narcolepsy, and Rochelle quickly disappeared.

Priyanka kissed her new boyfriend with a passion, and then it was gone, Priyanka slumping into his chest as the sudden rush of lethargy washed over her.

Edward and Alice opened the door quietly, inner Emyanka stans squealing.

Emmett scowled at them teasingly, and with a couple of flying kisses, the two left the room.

Emmett looked down at his girlfriend, both praising and cursing his immortality.

And so Priyanka was happy.

But she was missing one thing; vital to her very being.

Rochelle Stevens.

TESSA SPEAKS!

I JUST KNOW Y'ALL FORGOT ABOUT ROCHELLE.

SORRY FOR THE FAST PACED THIRD PART; I JUST REALLY WANT TO END THIS STORY SO I CAN GET ON MY OTHERS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. CORPSE HUSBAND FAN FICTION COMING SOON, AND THANK YOU OMG FOR 2K READS GUYS, I LOVE YOU ALL.

ROSALIE AND ROCHELLE MAKE A SURPRISE VISIT IN TWO CHAPTERS, SO... BE READY.

OH, AND HOW WAS THE SHIP NAME??