25 - Awake At Last

Mya's P.O.V

Opening my eyes I immediately began to squint closing them again. Bright white lights were everywhere. I moaned groggily.

"M..Mya baby can you hear me?"

My eyes popped open and tears filled them instantly. I was dreaming of my David again. I wish it could stay this way. Me with him always. I reached my arms up and placed my fingers on his cheeks. He felt so real so very real. He closed his eyes leaning into my palm smiling.

"Too long have I waited for you to reach out to me and open your eyes. I've missed you so very much"

"I...I"

"Shhhh, your throat has to be dry you haven't used those muscles in a long time."

He leaned away and I trapped his shirt pulling him to me desperatly pleading with my eyes that I did not want him to go.

"Relax, I'm not going far."

My fingers didn't lessen thier hold. Tears filled my eyes making them blurry and I blinked quickly trying to clear my vision so I could see him clearly. A beeping sound began to quicken and David worridly looked around.

"Jarod get the nurse for me."

"W... What's going on.."

"Wake the fu€k up get the nurse."

"Shit sorry."

Then I heard footsteps running from the room.

Jarod was here and a nurse what did I need that for?

"Relax I'm not leaving please relax. "

I shook my head no and almost smiled with joy seeing his face change quickly to the one I loved so dearly. Serious and loving all in one.

"Just because you are ill does not mean you can defy me. I said relax. Now let me go."

No matter how much I didn't want to I let go. Dead or not I would never purposely not listen to him. I unclutched my fingers and he nodded backing away. I whimpered and he raised an eyebrow silencing it.

Moments later a women leaned over me checking my tempeture.

"Hon are you okay, do you need something for pain."

I shook my head looking away from here to him.

What I needed was my David.

"Just some water for her please."

Rummaging and then the sound of water pouring then David helped me sit up and put the water to my lips. I drank greedily not really realizing how thirsty I was. When I drowned the cup I sputtered and coughed catching a breath then looked to David.

"Better."

I nodded.

"Look who's awake."

I turned to see a grinning Jarod in the doorway. I looked to David then Jarod then back again.

"Mya this is my brother."

"I know that, I just never dreamed of both of you at the same time."

"Dreamt? "

"It doesn't matter your here with me and lets not waste time talking I know I'll wake up soon. Please David just hold me please."

"Nurse is this a side effect to the surgery."

"No, I don't know what to say."

"David, your confusing me."

He stood and walked over placing his hands on my cheeks I relaxed looking into his eyes.

"What is the last thing you remember?"

"Um, I don't know I was talking with Jarod telling him I was ready."

"Ready for what?"

"I uh I love you David."

"Ready for what Mya?"

"To..to move on and be with him."

Jarod's eyebrows shot up and David let me go rage evident in his face. He inhaled deeply then turned and left.

"Da...David, get him back where is he going? I don't fu€king understand. Someone talk to me dam it."

"Um, hi I'm Jarod."

"Don't play with me Jarod, he has never been upset with me in my dreams and you have never been with us what is going on? Did you slip me something?"

"Mya, there's no way you could know me this is the first time you've met me."

"I.."

"Quiet! Let me finish."

I closed my mouth immediately.

"Do you remember Moses and Angel?"

"Yes they were the bastards who shot and killed my David."

"Um, Angel did shoot David but it didn't kill him it went through his shoulder and into the back of your head."

I looked at him in disbelief.

"I'm not lying your in a hospital you've been in a coma for three years. Feel the back of your head they put a metal plate there. It healed but you'll feel the difference."

I placed my fingers through my scalp and though my hair had grown back there was a hard rough feeling beneath my skin. I tapped it and heard the metal plate. Tears filled my eyes.

"Don't cry your alive, David's fine."

"I don't care about me, David's alive. He's alive!"

He gave a small smile.

"It felt so real though Jezabelle and you. I remember you so well."

"Well Jezabelle visted alot and I flew in as soon as I heard to comfort David. Sometimes I talked to you in your sleep sometimes I read aloud and talked to David. Your subconscious must have made a convincing dream to keep you in your right mind I guess I don't know."

"Um, why is David angry with me?"

"You've been in a coma for three years. He's hardly left your side in that time and when you wake you tell him your moving on with me. I'm not sure why he's mad maybe he doesn't like nurses."

I knew he was being sarcastic but I glared at him and stuck my tongue out.

"Don't do that again, or else I'll make use of it and make you lick my....."

"Uh um.."

The nurse pretended to cough stopping his sentence then excused herself. He winked at me then grinned.

"Don't worry when I explain why you said that I'm sure he'll come begging for your forgiveness."

He ducked out the room and I laid back a smile across my face.

My David, my love, my dom was alive and that's all that mattered.

Comment you know you wanna.