part 16: times change

Over time, after many months, the planet as well as Delmarva had been slowly piecing itself together. Of course, with the aid of humans and gems, the liveliness had started to come back, from the busy city streets, to the bustling boardwalk. Even the pink substance had faded from the earth, allowing the planet to heal itself and before you knew it, the fissures had closed themselves up and the sulfuric stench had dissipated, returning the refreshing seabreeze.

And just like that, Beach city was restored to its full glory!

...if only you could say the same thing about yourself.

Over the months of beach city's recovery, it only appears that you've become worse since your shattering incident.

Your face, once friendly and bright, now almost always bore either an annoyed glower or gloomy frown as well as the cold look of apathy. The smiles you did muster barely had any warmth or sincerity in them, and instead looked forced and uneven, giving off an unfriendly, slightly mocking sneer which gave the impression that you wanted to hurt something or just didn't want to be bothered. Even your voice had lost its cartoonish edge, it now baring a rather realistic (feminine/masculine) pitch with the exaggeration of it's southern draw had almost been completely removed, giving you the voice of a grouchy farmer. Your appearance itself has had mild tweaks as well; your "ear" tufts, while still manipulative, became messier looking and were almost always drooped. Your hair itself was slightly unkempt with your bang swept over your damaged eye, in an effort to hide it to avoid unwanted stares of pity. Your color overall have been dulled and darkened, giving you a gloomy appearance.

Your drop in behavior only completed your dismal look, as you became cold and distant, often avoiding eye contact and openly tried to avoid other beings in general, not wanting to be faced with pitiful or fearful looks.

Overall, your new look has earned you the nickname; "the broken toon".

...Not that you cared anymore.

You mostly just sulked to yourself on the Cliffside where that big lighthouse still resided.

After all, a bit of alone time to help clear your head and the sound of waves hitting the Cliffside was exactly what you need...

Well... it'd be nice if it were that easy to clear it clear it...

...In fact, it'd probably be easier if you were alone to do it.