⋆✪17✪⋆

⋆⋆✪✸✪⋆⋆

After finding out you have a fever, Kenma dampens a rag and sets it on your forehead hoping to cool you down some. Once he's got you covered back up, he heads downstairs and grabs a bottle of water along with some Tylenol for when you wake up. He sets them on the nightstand and sits down on the bed with his ankles crossed.

He watches as the expressions on your face change within the next hour. As he is about to go re-dampen the rag, you start talking in your sleep. "P-papa! No- don't! Kill- P-please!" is all he can make out. As you say the last word, you are breathing heavily and your eyes are open now.

Kenma comes into view as you turn your head and he says, "You've got a fever." You groan and go to sit up, Kenma helping you lean against the headboard. He grabs the Tylenol and cup of water from the nightstand and holds them out to you. "Take these and then lay back down. I'm going to go dampen the rag again."

You take the water and pills from his hand and say, "okay" as he gets off the bed. After taking the pills, you go to close your eyes for a minute, but the nightmare bubbles its way back into your mind. Immediately feeling sick from the thoughts you rush into the bathroom and end up throwing up into the toilet.

Kenma sets the rag on the counter and ties your hair up into a ponytail. After you've finished, Kenma helps you clean up before taking you back to the bed. He lays you down and covers you up, putting the damp rag back onto your face. "Go back to sleep, you need your rest if you want the fever to go away."

"What about you?" you ask, your voice hoarse from throwing up. "You need to sleep too."

"I'll sleep later. Don't worry about me right now," he tells you.

You sigh in defeat and snuggle under the blankets a little more. You feel a dip in the bed as Kenma gets onto it, sitting down beside you as you fall back to sleep. He scoots down on the bed slightly to where his head can lean against the headboard. Kenma sits there for a little bit as he waits for the morning light to show, but eventually falling asleep how he is.

Hours later everyone is awake except for you two. Keiji realizes this and decides to check up on you. He knocks on the door but doesn't get a reply.

Worried, he opens the door and sees the two of you asleep. With the way that Kenma is positioned, he can tell he was up late doing something. He notices the rag and takes it off your head as well as carefully moving Kenma to where he's lying on the pillow.

Kenma isn't the heaviest sleeper but he isn't the lightest either, so Keiji is careful as he moves him and pulls the blanket over the top of his body. As he goes to leave the room, he hears shuffling and looks back to see your body curled up against the side of Kenma's. He raises an eyebrow out of amusement before leaving, allowing you both to sleep for a while.

⋆⋆✪✸✪⋆⋆

Kenma is the first to wake up, not even remembering falling asleep in the first place. Taking notice of your body curled against his, he feels for a fever. Your fever is gone for now but the expressions on your face still transition back and forth between positive and negative.

Before deciding to wake you up, Kenma heads downstairs and grabs some more Tylenol for you to help keep the fever from coming back. After making it back upstairs, you are already awake. You send him a small smile as he walks towards you. "How are you feeling?" he asks you, handing you the pills.