You & I

Waking up, you quickly realize that you are not in your bed. The sheets and the lack of a cat butt in your face were a dead giveaway. You lean up on your elbows and see a sleeping Draco beside you, laying on his back with his hand above his head, mouth slightly open. He looks like he hasn't had a proper night's sleep ever in his life. Gathering your thoughts about what happened last night, well, I can't deny that last night was one of the kinkiest nights I've had in a while, but now everything is going to change. Looking back at Draco's sleeping form and the way he held you as you slept. Fuck it; change is good... right?

Aches and pains inhibit your ability to move from your waist down. Perfect for not wanting to disturb Draco because your overwhelming soreness allows you to inch off the bed and tiptoe out of the room. As you gently shut the door behind you, you remember there's a guest bathroom to shower in and rinse off the pleasurable night before.

The guest bathroom is just as lovely as the master, the glass shower fully stocked with equally expensive hair and body products. Turning the shower all the way to the left, you lift Draco's shirt over your head, wincing at the soreness of your shoulders and arms.

You step into the shower, letting the water cascade in drops over your body. You're surprised when you feel a tear on your cheek slip down, mixing in with the water. Why am I crying? You think about it. He said I was his... you could read between the lines enough to know it wasn't just a 'heat of the moment.' Your hand traces the bruise on your left breast left behind by your soulmate.

Draco wakes up to find the bed empty but still warm. She must have just left, Draco thinks internally while getting out of bed himself. Leaving the master, he hears the guest shower running along with feminine moans coming from the room. It's not the sounds he's grown accustomed to when your body writhes beneath him; they're broken and stifled—almost like you're in pain.

Standing outside the door, his chest tightens when he realizes the sound is of you crying. He thinks of what Theo told him the night before. Draco knows now that you're anything but 'nothing' to him. Taking a leap of faith, Draco opens the door, and the sounds of you trying to cry quietly fill the room along with the steam. "Y/N," you hear Draco softly say as you hear the door open and close, "Are you okay?"

"I-uh, I'm fine," You say with a shaky voice, trying to halt your crying now that someone is there to witness it.

The shower door opens, and through the steam, Draco enters and stands behind you. You're sitting on the floor of the tiled shower, your head tucked into your knees as they are pulled up to your face, the water running down your body.

"Dra-" You start to say, but he interrupts.

"Shhh, I just fancy a shower. Water conservation and all." Draco leans down, hands searching under your arms to pull you up. You sag against him, your back to his chest. A quiet sob racks through your chest when you feel him kiss your shoulder while he reaches in front of you for the body wash and the loofah. Draco slowly washes and somehow massages your shoulders.

You hear him whisper in your ear. "Are you going to tell me why you are upset, or should we ignore it?"

You lean deeper into his touch while the scent of a lavender body wash fills the room. The two of you stand in silence while Draco washes the back of your arms and shoulders. You turn to face him, taking the loofah. Staring up at him, you lazily wash his broad chest. You notice a few scars across his chest and torso. Your eyes are drawn to them but flick back up when his breath catches as you run a finger across the longest scar in the center.

"We broke the rules," you say sheepishly while staring into blueish grey eyes that have grown to comfort you.

"The rules? I don't remember adding 'no threesomes' to the rules," Draco says, cracking a smile, trying to diffuse the tension.