5: Bell Boy has Friends?

"It's amazing how a person who was once a stranger, can suddenly mean the world to you."
-Unknown

Alex's pov

We walked for what felt like hours and hours. My mother made me get my hair done and buy so many things that I don't normally wear, but I can't say that I completely hated having a mom. "I love these pretzel sticks!" I said dipping it into sauce and stuffing it in my mouth.

"I loved those boots on you and your hair looks great blown out like that." My mom reached for my hair and I flinched. A wave of sadness flushed her eyes as she quickly tried to change the subject.

Bang

"Why don't you watch where you're going ass wipe!" I yelled after the boy who ran into me as he walked away laughing. I immediately noticed their basketball jackets all had a distinct green and white stitching with DNH on the arm. I just prayed it didn't mean my new school. Me and my mom were walking away when I noticed someone familiar from the corner of my eye,

"bellhop boy?" I said under my breath but my mom managed to hear me anyways.

"Why don't you go say hi, Alex?" Moms can be so naive sometimes

"As if." I started walking towards the shoe store near them, hoping I wasn't spotted. 

"Hey Mrs. Sandburgs." He waved after my mother, the entire group turned to look in our direction, clearly drooling over her. 

"Helloo, dear." My mother waved back. Oh my gosh I wanted to scream the whole football team was looking at her then me, probably wondering how my mother could make a me. My mom started walking towards me and I took a glance at the team,

"Are you kidding me!" I yelled internally. He was looking at me again, however this time he looked away faster and went back smiling and goofing off with his friends.

--------- 

"Go hang up your new clothes while I cook dinner." my mom yelled as we entered the apartment.

"You? Cook? Really?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow

"Clothes. Now." She shot me a shut up before I kill you look.

"You're getting this mom thing down." I laughed entering my room. Not even 10 minutes gone by and I hear our fire alarm going off. I run into the kitchen to see my mom trying to clear the smoke.

"Open the windows." she practically begged me, as she fanned the smoke alarm with a rag

"So how is dinner coming along?" I laughed opening the balcony door,

"Shut up and call the Chinese place." she finally gave in. I stepped on the balcony and dialed the number.

"Hi Mrs. And Mr. Wong's kitchen what would you want?" Her heavy accent rang through the phone.

"Large shrimp fried rice, small crab rangoon, spring rolls and duck sauce" I ordered. It took me a while to hear the price and give her my address but after stressing us both out it was done. I put the phone down and sat back in a chair, shortly after I entered inside.

"She said it will take 45 minutes, I'm going to the beach" I informed her. 

"Okay, be back in 1 hour, serious." My mom was watching the parenting episode on Oprah. I threw on some black shorts, my beat up black low tops and a navy blue t-shirt. 

------

I trotted along as the warm sand sunk between my toes, shoes in hand. "I love the beach." I  whispered to myself. The warm sun beating down on me, the smell of the salty ocean dancing up my nose. The cool breeze from the water, hugging my warm skin.