12: double date

"You're lucky if you experience lust and love all within the same person."
-Unknown

Alex's POV

I could barely walk. My whole body was sore, I can't even imagine where Jake got all of his stamina from. I stumbled into the shower and sat in the tub as i turned the silver nozzles, warm water poured down my head, taking over my whole body, I sat there for a moment before muddling all of my energy to stand up and shower myself, quickly then stepping out. I brushed my teeth, slouching over on the sink before heading into my room. I threw on some sweats and a white shirt, I threw my hair in a bun then questioned where Jake was. I opened my door and the delicious aroma of chocolate chip pancakes danced in my nostrils.

"You can cook too." I giggled tripping on the chair

"My poor baby." Jake spun around with a stack of chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. "Coffee or juice?" He set the plate down in front of me.

"Fruit punch." I said never taking my eyes off of my food, Jake sat across from me sipping his coffee.

"What?" I said stuffing my mouth with pancakes. He just blew his coffee and took a sip, he tried to act as if he was looking at his mug, his eyes were low enough to adapt to the illusion. "Out with it!" I stopped eating, getting a little more self conscious.

"I love you." He spoke casually, before heading into the living room and watching the news. I finished eating and walked over and sat on him perpendicularly and kissed his cheek.

"Our married life would be similar but in a mansion like my parents." He stayed so serious, still looking at the television, he thinks about marrying me? I wanted to ask but, I decided to say nothing. I went to wash the dishes, every once in a while I would take a glance at him.

 The deeper we extended into our senior year and closer towards our college years, the more he turned into his father, he was more efficient and extremely passionate in anything he did, i watched him do sports and school work more, but when we initially met it was all fun and games with friends. He was resilient, self-possessed and even showed little to no signs of fear. He demonstrated creativity, motivation, confidence, and curiosity. He revealed to me his fathers plans to give Jake his position as Vice President of his father's business when he graduates college.

"How many kids do you want?" I yelled from the kitchen drying the last plate.

"5,700." he chuckled, "As long as thats how many times we have to do it." I threw the rag at him but couldn't help but smirk a little. I sat down on the couch crossing my legs.

"Seriously though, how many?"

"4 at the most." He smiled

"I want 2 or 3." i input, our conversation about the future lasted a while, there were actual goals i never knew Jake wanted to achieve, he often referred to his future as our future, he insisted that I would be his wife. I told him about how I wanted to become a family & divorce lawyer. To handle divorce, child custody, ect...

"Hey Alex?" A voice from the other side of the door spoke, I totally forgot McKenzie was coming over, I thought to myself. I ran to open the door and she hugged me as soon as she saw me.

"Ugh i missed you." she squeezed me

"I know omg." i hugged her back, Kenzie was truly the best thing that ever happened to me, she was an amazing best friend and she was always there for me.

"Ahem." i heard Jake say from the couch,

"Out, you best friend stealer! It's girls day." McKenzie released me and started pushing Jake out the door, i just giggled and he pulled me outside for a kiss