8: Take me to the Fair

"It's better to have said oh well, than what if."
-Unknown

Jake's pov

"Yeo Marvin, you trying to hit the fair after school?" I yelled from the bathroom, toothpaste running down my lip

"Oh shit I forgot it was Friday, yeah boy!" He screamed in response, I can already picture his wide grin as he thought about picking up ladies all night.

"Aight man." I wrapped the towel around my waist and went into my room to throw on some navy blue nike track pants, my nike air forces and a white tee. I took my stuff and headed outside. Marvin likes to drive and so do I so we just meet up at school most days.

I played ayo- chris brown, i was really into this Friday. I wanted to bring Alex with me, but Mackenzie decided to give her a ride instead. 

------------

"We are going to the fair today." I smiled walking side by side with Alex,

"I'm going with Kenzie" She responded immediately 

"She can come, im bringing my best friend Marvin anyways." I nudged her arm, pleading with my eyes, "It'll be fun." I stretched out the n in fun to emphasize 

"Hmmm I don't know I'll have to run it by her first." She placed her hair behind her ears, she was blushing, i wonder if my good charm was working on her, or if she didn't know how to let me down gently. The again, does she ever care about being gentle 

"I know she'll say yes, need a ride panda?" We reached my car, i pulled out my keys to unlock the doors.

"It's fine my moms picking me up." She grabbed my arm and squeezed it before blurting out" she got her car today!" It's as if she's been holding in that tale all day. It took every bone in my body not to grab her and kiss her, seeing her happy about her mom getting a car, you don't see that much here, she wasn't like other girls. She was humble. 

"Im so happy for her! But she cant go stealing you from me now! Im your chaufer madam, but ill let her have today." I winked. She turned on her heels to walk away but suddenly my arms pulled her in for a hug. I threw her arms around my neck and my arms rested on her waist as i dug my head in the section that was made just for me, her clavicle. It was a quick hug, she pulled away, for a second I thought I had messed everything up.

"So we hug now, stalker boy." She lightly pushed me, she looked at the ground placing a piece of hair behind her ear and waved before heading to meet Kenzie

"See you tonight Panda!" I got into my car

"We'll see." she spun her head back to yell towards me. I bit my lip and started the engine, i played Till its gone- Yelawolf, i was bobbing my head and tapping the wheel singing along, I loved Fridays.

----------------------------
Alex's pov

"Hey." Kenzie yelled hugging me, i froze and pulled out of the hug quickly.

"Hey, I got you a date to the fair!" I yelled poking her after i got a safe distance 

"You're my date girl!" she joked, "but really who?"

"Uhm I think his name is Marvin, hes Jasons best friend." She instantly froze "everything okay kenzie? You know him?"

"Uhm, no he was my middle school crush, but he grew up to be a player. I almost lwt him sleep with me, luckily I realized he didn't even know my name." she bit her lip, it seemed for a moment that water started to gather up in her eyes.