Regrets and Apologies

Never regret anything that has happened in your life, it cannot be changed, undone, or forgotten, so take it as a lesson learned and move on.

~Anonymous~

____

Kaminari just wanted to go to the bathroom.

Okay, no. That was a lie.

He wanted to wash his face and calm his nerves before facing Mido- Izuku.

He wanted to fix what he had caused and become Izuku's friend once more.

That was not what he got.

When he arrived at the bathroom, he saw that it was already occupied by someone.

Most likely Izuku, since he had passed all the others in the living room.

He was about to turn around and walk away when he heard soft sobs and heavy breathing.

Concerned, he turned toward the bathroom door and knocked, calling out Izuku's name, only to receive no answer.

Once more, he knocked, and again it was only followed by a silent sob.

He was about to knock again, harder this time when he heard a thud of something heavy falling onto the floor.

Even more concerned now, he told him he was going to come in, to warn him so he doesn't get startled.

When he did open the door, he couldn't breathe.

Snapping out of his shock, he ran forward, falling on his knees, and grabbed the nearest towel, wrapping it around Izuku's writs.

So much blood, too much.

He was trying to stay calm but it was hard.

Without even knowing it, he yelled for Aizawa and Yamada.

He yelled and yelled, desperation filling his voice, cracking as he kept yelling.

He didn't stop, even as he was pulled away from Izuku. He tried to get out of the strong grip, tried to get back to Izuku, to save him.

He didn't even notice that he had worked himself into a panic attack, not until he saw Hitoshi in front of him, telling him to breathe Kaminari. I need you to breathe for me.

No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't look away, and oh gosh that reminded him of the time he did the exact same thing not too long ago, and suddenly the urge was back, and fuck, now he's scratching at his wrist, and he needs a blade right now-

Suddenly he was pulled from his thoughts as someone - Hitoshi - gripped his wrists, and he was forced to look into that beautiful violet eyes.

Distantly he hears him, hears a Hitoshi guiding him to breathe, and to concentrate on me Denki, look at me.

And he does, he focuses on him, and how somewhere when he was in his panic, his hand found its way to just above Hitoshi heart, and now his breathing the same rhythm as the heart, and oh, that feels better, to finally be able to breathe again.