Part 9

Hey my peopleeee how are youuuu? I can't wait for you guys to read this chapter! I hope you enjoy itttt!! Have a great dayyyy!!
-

Quarantine, day 121:

Deepika woke up peacefully. Well, to the sound of Ranbir's alarm, but she felt incredibly good. No wonder why, he was holding her. They had been sleeping in cuddle position all night and honestly, it felt as if Deepika hadn't had such a proper resting night like this in months.
Actually it wasn't exactly wrong to say that.

Ranbir woke up to his alarm as well, he turned his head to be facing Deepika. She looked stunning in front of his eyes. He would have given anything to wake up every morning like this.
Their gazes got stuck into each other and it felt as if they couldn't look anywhere else. They remained just like that, laying next to each other and staring in each other's eyes.

After a couple of minutes, they finally decided to move. It wasn't weird right? To sleep together and have those 'moments' of intense connexion out of nowhere. Not weird.

They both got ready and while Deepika was quickly applying some mascara on her eyelashes, Ranbir made them a little breakfast.
Deepika and him ate together, looking at each other occasionally and soon enough, they were off to work.
They arrived at their office together, and they didn't leave other until they really had to, when the elevator door opened on Deepika's floor.
Deepika gave him a little smile that covered her sadness and walked out, without a word.

As the door closed, Ranbir couldn't help but bite his lip. Oh God, it was becoming harder and harder. She had a little something that was making Ranbir go completely nuts.

quarantine, day 125:

It didn't take too long for them to get back to their little habits. They came home after work together and one of them would make dinner while the other one was in the shower. Then they would watch some Suits in front of the TV. 
As always, Ranbir spent more time admiring the beauty of Deepika rather than the movie. But who could blame him? She was perfect.

Then it would be bedtime. The two first couple of nights, Deepika had at least tried to fall asleep without him. But it had been such a challenge, even worse when she knew he was just a few steps away. After those two nights, Deepika had been automatically sleeping in Ranbir's bed. She just slept better there.

Ranbir didn't mind it at all, it felt so comfortable having her close. The days were long and he had to put on an act all day at work, but whenever he came home, she was there, and she was his, and it was all that mattered.

Every days were filled with joy and every nights were absolutely magical.
Except they didn't know it yet, but they were going to live, one of the WORST days of their entire lives.

It all began normally, they arrived at work together, Ranbir was driving. Deepika was wearing a very cute black blazer and some heels today. She just felt like being pretty. When the car stopped, they smiled at each other widely before getting out.
"Okay, I have a meeting in like two minutes, see you tonight!" Deepika said, pulling him into a quick hug before half running to the building.

The day went on normally until approximately 2pm.

A man entered the building, looking for Rishi Kapoor. The big boss. He looked really polite when Deepika met him in the elevator, as she was going to get herself some snack.
"Namaste Ji, do you know where I can find Rishi Kapoor please?" He asked.
Deepika turned to him with a warm smile.
"Actually he doesn't work here this week, he is visiting his other office in Delhi, Sir. But you can probably talk to his son Ranbir, I don't know where he is right now though, he is kind of moving" she said softly.
The man nodded and smiled back at her.
"Thank you, I will look for him then" he said, going out of the elevator. Deepika found it a little weird that somebody would be looking to talk to Rishi Ji directly, but she shrugged it away.