DAY 37

the quiet munching of bagel bites satisfied the little noirette, much more than the silence

the quiet munching of bagel bites satisfied the little noirette, much more than the silence. she'd had to make the entire package of mini pizza after there was a hungry knock on the door.

"mark!" sua silently scolded, wondering why the boy wasn't at practice.

"o-okay, before you make me leave, hyeseon lured me with pizza bagels." the idol pointed an accusing finger at the brunette behind sua, who sat on the counter with an unbothered look on her face. "you need to eat if you're gonna be practicing all day."

"you're starting to sound like hui," the youngest commented, which earned her a bagel to the back of the head.

that was how the three ended up eating in sua's kitchen. mark jumped up and down in excitement, making the other two giggle at his enthusiasm. "dude, i haven't had these in a while."

hyeseon patted the boy on the shoulder to calm him. "i didn't know you like bagel bites so much."

mark shrugged, taking a bite of his mini pizza. "my brother and i used to eat them a lot when we were younger." hyeseon chuckled as she remembered something, grabbing both of the other's attention.

"i just thought of the jcc episode at target. didn't you get these?"

the candian's eyes glittered at the memory. "probably. they're just so good."

sua grinned, taking another bite of her bagel. she almost choked on her food when there was a violent slam on the door, and three boys dressed in athletic wear ran in.

"mark lee, get your ass downstairs right now!"

the boy with light brown hair jumped, doe-eyed turning round in surprise. "h-hyung!" he cried, paying no attention to the person who actually called him.

winwin poked his head out from between a cross-armed jeno and haechan. he offered a shy wave towards the owners of the apartment, who gladly returned the gesture.

jeno sighed and shook out his electric blue hair. "sorry to barge in, sua. when mark started chanting 'bagel bites' under his breath, we knew he could only be at one place."

sua chuckled and waved them off, turning her attention back to a flustered mark. hyeseon cooed out the boys' outfits, allowing the noirette to do as she pleased in peace.

sua quickly grabbed a bag, the canadian's eyes following her as she darted across the kitchen. she flipped the bag inside-out and stuck her hand in, grabbing as many of the pizza bagels as she could before flipping the bag right side in.

with a kind, eye squinting smile, sua handed the bag of bagel bites to mark. "here! so you don't get hungry and won't be late for practice."

the boy grabbed the bag, a shocked chuckle slipping past his grin-stretched lips. "wow. thanks, sua!" the girl nodded, twisting her head as she followed the idol rush towards his members.

catching her boyfriend's wandering gaze, sua smirked and sent a dramatic wink his way.

hyuck scoffed, a bright smile dancing across his face as he sent her a playful flying kiss. hyeseon rolled her eyes as she watched the couple, pushing haechan out of the doorway with his members.

"thank you boys for the visit. now hurry or you'll be late to practice!" before the boys could respond, the brunette closed the door and spun to face her roommate.

"why don't we give hui a call?"

"hui~" sua called with a giggle. she still talked to the elder, just not as much since huiseon was busy with school and work. the little noirette was still skeptical, but she let it slide since huiseon always seemed so happy talking about her new friends.

"we miss you!" hyeseon yelled from behind sua, who flinched at the sudden voice and turned to scowl at the girl. the brunette simply shrugged, raising her hands innocently.

huiseon huffed on the other line. "sure, sure, miss you too, i suppose."

"the members are working right now, so we thought why not call you?" the eldest scoffed out a chuckle. "wow, i'm so glad i'm your last resource."

sua choked on her spit and hyeseon cackled. "you're not! i call you all the time, dummy." huiseon giggled before her voice went quiet. the younger furrowed her brows, "hui?" the said girl hummed, but it was evident that she'd become distracted. "do you need to—"

"sorry sua, i have to go." the noirette shot a look towards hyeseon, who raised a brow. "o-ok—" but huiseon already hung up.

sua pulled the phone away from her ear, staring at the call ended for a few seconds too long. catching her roommate's sadness, hyeseon flung her arms around the girl and squeezed her tightly.

"bitch move, but forget it. you have me to talk to!" sua giggled and patted the brunette's arms. "thanks, hye." the elder smiled, resting her head against the noirette's shoulder blade.

"i don't know... it can get really quiet really quick."

hyeseon laughed, squeezing the girl a little tighter. "you're lucky i'm holding back. we could be jumping and screaming to nct songs while we wait for resonance to come out."

sua tipped her head back with a laugh, remembering how sungchan, the new member, accidently spoiled their new album to the girls a few days before the release date was announced.

"why don't we?" the noirette offered, glancing back at hyeseon from over her shoulder. "hm?" "jump and scream to nct songs?"

she watched as a devilish spark of excitement flashed through the elder's eyes. "i like the way you think, in sua."

i hope you all have a good day <3

wtf how did this get 2k+ in a day??? i'm-
tHANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! i really hope you enjoy the story :)