Chapter 3 - Greenie (part 2)

- "Ah! There's our guest of honor." Says Gally when he sees the new greenie. "Why don't you show us how it's done."
He signals him to join him to a fight in a circle. One activity the guys love to do, especially Gally, is to fight with one another, and usually the tradition is for the new greenie to join a round. Most of the time they fight Gally, and that is exactly what is about to happen. Gally loves to have attention especially when he's doing something good.
- "I...uh..." The greenie says while looking around, terrified.
- "You're scared of getting your ass kicked?" Gally says with a grin on his face.
The boys start to form a circle around them and the greenie looks around trying to get out of it. I walk up to Minho.
- "You think Gally is going to win?" I ask him.
Minho turns to me.
- "Of course he is."
The boys start saying "greenie, greenie, greenie" which makes the greenie nervous. He takes a deep breath. They start fighting and Gally shoves him on the ground.
- "That must of hurt." I say to Minho
The greenie gets up and tries to leave the circle but the guys don't allow him to.
- "I thought he would be stronger than that." Minho whispers to me.
I look at Minho not knowing what to respond, but a part of me does agreed with what he said.
- "Too hard for you greenie?" Gally says.
- "Stop calling me greenie." He says.
- "Stop calling you that? What do want to be called? Shank?"
Everyone bursts into laughter including myself.
- "What do you think boys? And of course y/n." Gally looks at me, "does he look like a shank?"
The greenie runs into Gally, but once again he is completely shoved unto the ground. Everyone bursts into laughter again, except for Minho and I. We are both staring at the greenie, and I can sense that Minho regrets what he just told me. The greenie has this determination and mental strength that I hadn't seen in someone in a long time.
- "You know what? I think I'm settled on shank."
- "OOOOOH!" All the boys say in shock, except for Minho and I.
Sometimes I think Gally is funny, but other times, for example right now, he goes too far. He loves to be rude to the greenies, but I don't quite see the point in it. The greenie gets up and stares at Gally. He runs as fast as possible towards him and eventually shoves Gally onto the ground. Everyone is in shock. Minho and I look at each other impressed of what just happened.
- "Not bad for a greenie uh?" The greenie says.
Gally turns around and gives him a kick on his leg which makes the greenie hit his head on the ground. I take a step forward, in fear that he got hurt. A few seconds later, his eyes widen and his mouth opens. I take another step forward.
- "Thomas." He murmurs. "Thomas." He gets up. "Thomas!" He looks around all excited. "I remember my name! I'm Thomas!"
He looks at all of us smiling of joy, which makes me smile and blush.
- "Thomas!" Alby screams while pointing at him.
The guys follow on yelling of excitement and all go towards Thomas to give him hugs. I hear Fry telling him "welcome home". Minho and I stay on the side.
- "You saw that too didn't you." I say to him.
- "Yeah, I did." He walks away, but then turns around. "Go get some rest."
I nod, head back to my hamac and tuck in for the night.