Taking Care (1)

"Kim. You alright?" Way notices that Kim had been unable to focus in class. He has been quieter than usual, not bothering to bicker with Way about this and that. His fist was also clenched tightly, a trait Way knew Kim did when he was in pain, or trying to hide his pain.

Way always notices things about Kim.

"It's nothing. I'm okay." Kim brushes his concerns off.

"Don't force yourself, alright?" Even without specifying, Way had already confirmed Kim's sickness with the way his voice sounded. Between the two of them, there was rarely ever a need for declaration or explanation.

"Eerh" Kim barely forces out a sound of agreement.

The school bell sounds, signaling that it was time for their next class, PE. Students gathered their sports attire and slowly streamed to the locker room.

Kim feels dizzy, but he's not about to skip a class just because he's a little unwell. He wearily approaches the locker room, relying on his senses to remember the way there instead of opening his eyes.

Finally reaching his locker, Kim unbuttons his uniform and pulls the T-shirt over his head. But before he could slip his arms into the shirt, a sudden pain in his head struck . Feeling as though he is about to faint, Kim holds the locker with his eyes shut tightly to steady himself.

"What the hell are you doing?" he hears Way's rough voice laced with hidden concern.

Then, he felt a pair of warm hands raise his arm up and into the shirt. Then for the other hand as well. And finally, he feels the shirt cover his now slightly cold belly.

Kim wants to kick Way away and tell him that he's not a child anymore, he can take care of himself and he can definitely change his own clothes. But he does not even have the energy to form coherent sentences in his head, much less say them aloud. He does not have the energy to pretend that he wants to fight Way when all he wants to do right now is lean on Way's chest and tuck himself in Way's strong arms.

Kim feels a new weight on his shoulders, a smooth fabric covering his exposed arms, protecting them from the mild breeze. Enveloped by Way's comforting scent, Kim opens his eyes and sees Way's trusty red and black jacket on him, just as he had expected.

"There we go. Now let's go to the field." Way knew better than to force Kim to the sick bay. As close as they were, both believed that they knew themselves as individuals best. So if Kim says he's alright to carry on, Way trusts him.

Well, only on the condition that Way is there to take care of him, though.

Despite what he said, Way couldn't hide his growing unease as Kim seems to be getting paler and paler by the minute. He walks closer to Kim than usual, and slower than normal. He's only resisting supporting Kim with his hands to avoid the gossiping and unneeded attention, but he remains ready to catch Kim at any moment.

Kim doesn't notice, though, as he squints and focuses on walking steadily. The world was spinning and with each step he took, more and more dark spots appeared in his vision.

Finally, they reach the side bench and Kim plops himself down without another care in the world. He slows his breathing and tries to get deep breaths in, hoping it would make him feel better.

The other boys had just started their basketball game.

Way sighs.

"At least this stubborn boy knows not to exert himself with sports." He thinks, knowing that saying it aloud would not be of any help now.

Knowing that Kim has settled down on the bench, Way decides to join the rest.

But don't tell anyone, his eyes were not on the ball most of the time.

And in one moment where he was catching a glimpse of Kim, who seemed to be swaying around, he's interrupted by a strong blow to his head. Everyone laughs while teasing him. Way had always been good at sports, fighting, and anything involving physical strength or reflexes. Yet here he was, stunned, hit by a basketball while his eyes were only full of Kim.

You don't need to tell anyone his eyes were not on the ball, because everyone already knew.

"Who threw that!" Way exclaims and goes to pick up the ball.