Fate (23)

Heads up, this chapter contains implications of sex! It's pretty clean for the most part, so no need to worry. I took out the smut because it was unnecessary. RIP.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"That's enough, he's knocked down," I asserted as I crossed my arms, watching Taehyung loom over Jimin sprawled on the ground, his glaive a few inches away from his extended arms.

"Can I try again?" Jimin pleaded, sitting up in a flash.

"No. Get up. We're done for the day." Jimin let out a hearty sigh and scrambled to his feet, glancing over at me with a pout. "Gather around. I have to speak with you."

The boys gathered around me as Taehyung sheathed his sword. The blade hissed in its sheath and glistened briefly in the dim light. Jungkook leaned on his bow, resting his cheek against the golden-bronze metal while his eyes traveled up to meet mine, a certain sense of innocence still left deep within them. I looked away briefly, staring out the window into the outside world. It was nightfall, but the sun still shone, barely dipping its heavy rim into the sea on the far horizon.

"So, today is the anniversary of your arrival to The Embrace," I said, sighing as I brought my eyes back to them.

"I thought you said we were gonna do something special," Hoseok pondered, earning nods of agreement from the others.

"We are. Put your weapons away and follow me." The boys did as I instructed and followed me while I led them to the drawing room. My heart was beating faster than ever before. My hands were shaking, sweating, trembling. This long-awaited moment had finally arrived. Various "oohs" and "aahs" came from the group once we reached the drawing room, where seven formal outfits stood presented, the different colors of gold, crimson, bronze, all shimmering in the golden ambiance. Each outfit was tailored differently, accompanied by significant brooches pinned to the collars. I stood by the left end and ran my fingers across the material. "Jungkook, wear this. Move down this way by age and meet me at the Spire in 30 minutes."

Without another word, I departed to the stables, feeding Agro a few sugar cubes before tacking and mounting her, then riding down to The Spire where all the dragons were gathered once again.

A gentle breeze blew out of the north, and it made the trees rustle like living creatures. Frost-fallen leaves whispered past me, and Agro moved restlessly. I glanced at the sky with disinterest. The woods began to grow dark around me. There was a certain edge to the darkness that made chills run down my spine. Twilight deepened. The cloudless sky turned a deep purple, the color of an old bruise, then faded to black.

I slid gracefully from my saddle and tied the mare securely to a low-hanging limb, well away from the dragons. In the middle of The Spire stood the rest of my friends and my servants, dressed formally and ready for the ceremony.

Axel walked me to my throne, bowing towards me. Her dark navy blue dress fluttered lightly in the dying wind. I smiled and let my eyes wander up to the night sky, the darkness overbearing.

"The moment has finally come," Axel said, sighing. "Are you ready?"

"After everything we've been through," I whispered. "I don't even know if they'll accept-"

"We are not on this earth to see through one another, but to see one another through." Axel looked at me with just the hint of a smile. "You have done your part, Heda."

I nodded and smiled when suddenly the dragons began riling up, focusing everyone's attention on the arrival of the seven boys of BTS. My eyes were drawn to my elegant boyfriend - resplendent in a fashionable royal outfit - who just appeared at the bottom of the steps. I had to restrict myself from running up to hug them. They stared up at me, mystified. I beckoned them forward, and they made their way up the stairs, standing beside me.