Without You (12)

WARNING!

This chapter contains mentions of blood and death. Please exercise caution if you are sensitive to these subjects.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

My sight was blinded by the sky when I opened my eyes. The sun inched down slowly, layers of yellow and orange fading into a blushing pink spreading across the clear sky overhead. I came to focus on the surrounding land, but there was only emptiness.

Another dream?

My suspicions were confirmed as a silhouette of a man stood before me, smoke exuding off of it like it was part of a wildfire. I reached out for it, but the wisp of the figure faded away, replaced by a figure of a magnificent black and gold dragon. Icy silver eyes pierced through me, freezing me in place. The dragon swept through the surrounding smoke, beating its massive wings. It dissolved as quickly as it appeared, a faint whisper of its words fading.

"Ziry vēttan zȳhon iderennon."

("He made his choice.")

I tightly shut my eyes in an attempt to escape from my dream, and when I fluttered them open, I was relieved to see myself back home in my bedroom. Yoongi slept beside me, nestled underneath the blankets, and his arm draped over me. I placed a gentle kiss on his nose and wriggled out of his grasp, rising to my feet to grab a tank top and sweatpants.

After dressing, I sauntered over to the windowsill, peering out at the moon overhead. I pushed open the window as I felt myself being pulled closer by a need for tranquility. Instincts made me face the wide, silver moon. I sat on the windowsill and got comfortable, moving a small pillow behind my back. I stared at the now clear night sky in silence for what seemed like hours until a voice pulled me from the trance I was caught in.

"Hey, what are you doing up?" Yoongi asked, slipping on a pair of shorts before standing up, then walking over to sit beside me.

"I had a bad dream," I sighed, glancing over at Yoongi with a small frown.

"You should've woken me up. You know I'm there if you need me."

"I'm fine. Plus, I like being the only person awake sometimes. Everything is prettier when everyone else is asleep," I explained, eyes focused on the moon.

"Can I stay up with you?"

I shrugged, my way of telling Yoongi I didn't mind. A deafening silence took over us, the only sounds being the gentle hum of the AC and the echoes of dragons roaring in the distance. Even if I couldn't see him, I could tell Yoongi was looking at me, and eventually, I looked back at him, only for him to turn his attention back to the outside world. Yoongi raised his eyebrows and pointed up toward the sky.

"Shooting star; make a wish."

"It's actually a Rocket Ripper, but I'll still make one," I laughed, taking a moment to think about it. "I wish the world could always be this quiet. It's comforting."

Yoongi nodded and bit his bottom lip, the silence returning shortly. As minutes flew by, he inched his hand up to mine, interlacing our fingers slowly.

"When did you realize you were in love with me?" Yoongi suddenly asked, making me turn to him, eyebrows nuzzled in confusion.

"Where did that come from?" I laughed. His gaze intensified, luring me to answer his question instead of avoiding it like I always did. "I don't know. It wasn't a sudden realization. I just kind of slowly came to terms with the fact that I loved you."