The Way It Is (1)

WARNING!

This chapter contains mentions of blood.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The very first thing that entered my vision when my eyes opened was the brightness of the pale blue sky overhead. Thin clouds trailed along the soft hue above, and the sun's warmth fell onto my skin in wide rays.

I groaned and diverted my gaze to my right, turning my head to avoid the blinding sunlight, only to feel blades of grass underneath me tickling my cheek. Once my vision focused, I was able to make out two figures lying in the grass a few feet away from me. Confused, I propped myself up on my elbows, only to groan and fall back down from the sharp pain shooting through my shoulder.

Standing up slowly, I took a moment to observe my surroundings to see seven familiar men lying scattered across the area. Seven very familiar men.

Ignoring the pain and soreness thrumming in my muscles, I cursed under my breath and rushed over to the man closest to me, crouching down beside him with a panicked breath.

"Jin? Jin!" I shouted, trying to wake Seokjin up with multiple vigorous shakes of his limp body. "Come on, come on." Just a few seconds passed when his eyes finally shot open and he suddenly jolted upwards, his breathing heavy and scattered. With a relieved sigh, I dropped my chin to my chest, thanking the gods that he was alive.

"Maya? What- what happened? Where are we?" Seokjin asked after finally catching his breath.

"I-I don't know-" I began, quickly cutting myself off with a gasp of disbelief as my eyes landed on the massive castle standing tall before us, our surroundings all too familiar. "Oh my gods."

"What? What's wro- holy shit," Seokjin whispered to himself as he finally saw the castle. While he was busy staring in awe at the castle, I looked around to see my other six friends lying in the grass, bodies appearing lifeless.

"Hey," I said sternly, snapping my finger in front of Jin's face to get his attention. He turned back to me, face drained of all color. "Help me wake them up."

I gestured to the surrounding others, and Jin looked back at me, hesitating for a moment. But once his eyes wandered over to the rest of our friends, he concealed his obvious fear and nodded, standing up and heading over to Jungkook.

I crawled over to Namjoon, immediately checking for a pulse, breathing in relief once I felt it. Hands gripping his shoulders, I lightly shook him. His eyes slowly peeled open, and he took a moment to gather himself before sitting up. Once he sat up, he saw the other boys sprawled out in the surrounding grass, and the panic finally settled in, though it was quickly replaced with a moan as he clutched his head.

"Maya, what's going on?" Namjoon questioned, glancing up briefly at the surrounding trees. "Where are we?"

"Shhh, don't stress about that right now. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked, Namjoon responding with a low grunt as he clutched his side. I tried to reach out for him, but he shook his head and gently pushed my hand away.

"I'm fine," Namjoon said as his breathing regulated.

"Alright. I need you to wake up Hoseok."

"He's with us too?"

"All eight of us are together. Now, please, go help him. I'll get Yoongi."

Namjoon nodded and stood up quickly, jogging over to Hoseok, who was already awake and freaking out. I ran over to Yoongi and hurriedly shook his body, but he simply groaned quietly and turned his head to the side.