Innocence (7)

WARNING

This chapter contains violence, descriptions of blood, and detailed death scenes. Please use caution if you are sensitive to these topics.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Before I give each of you your weapons, I want to make it very clear that these can very well end someone else's life, and if you're not careful, your own. You must learn to respect them and handle them with caution. Of course, I'm starting you off with safer stand-ins so you don't hurt anyone here," I lectured, pacing back and forth in the training room, the boys standing before me in a line. I fiddled with one of my fans in my hand and held the other behind my back as I stole a glance at the weapon rack that was hoisting a panoply of shimmering weapons.

"Wait, can I just ask who made this armor? It's beautiful," Namjoon asked as he admired the gold plating of the armor on his body.

"I did."

"Seriously?!" The members exclaimed in unison. I giggled and shook my head while pulling over the weapon rack.

"I'm just messing with you," I smiled, putting my fans back into my holsters.

"Who's first?" Jungkook asked sheepishly.

"You are." While the younger boy was busy trying to gather his thoughts, I grabbed the bronze bow from the rack and the matching quiver, stocked with arrows, each labeled with one of three distinct colors: yellow, black, and red. I handed Jungkook the bow and quiver, and although he was hesitant, he took them and slung the quiver over his chest, now examining the bow, with intriguing designs etched into the metal. "The Bow of the Elder Dragon. I figured since you were so good at archery last ISAC, I should give you something you're more comfortable with."

"I-It's mine?"

"Yes, Kook, it's all yours."

The corners of his lips turned upward slightly at my words, and I couldn't help but grab his shoulders in excitement with a wide grin.

"That's right, be happy! I wanna see you smile, JK," I laughed, Jungkook joining in with his own little giggles. "I'm starting you off with some fake arrows, so when we practice, you won't hurt any of us. Once you're comfortable enough, I'll upgrade you to the real arrows." I smiled again and stepped back to the rack, drawing a sharp sword from it as I turned to Taehyung. I held it out to him with my palms, and he gladly accepted it. "A lovely sword for a valiant man."

"Ah, well..." Taehyung mumbled, blushing. I poked his cheek, running back to the rack to grab a gold and turquoise glaive, gently resting the end on the ground so it rose to my height.

"Jiminie~"

"Oh," Jimin whispered, flashing a shy smile as I gave him the glaive.

"The glaive is all about aerial maneuvers, vaulting, and using your strength. I'm sure you'll be amazing."

"Thank you."

I sighed happily and removed a black spear from the rack, walking over to Namjoon as I stood the end on the ground, the point facing upwards.

"A spear?" Namjoon questioned, slowly taking it from me to examine its features.

"If you prefer something else, just let me know," I offered, but Namjoon shook his head with a small smile.

"No, it's okay. This is good." I nodded, then made my way back over to grab a pair of sais from the rack.

"Hobi-Hobi!" I handed the sais to Hoseok, my cheery smile distracting him from the weapons he was taking from me.