Don't Leave Me (19)

WARNING!

This chapter contains potentially triggering content, such as nightmares depicting unwanted sexual contact, as well as mentions of blood and a description of a suicide attempt.

Don't forget, this is ALL FICTION. Try not to get offended or curse me out :)

As always, exercise caution when proceeding with this chapter.

And always remember, there is always a reason to live.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The clouds screamed in agony under the setting sun, tears dripping down as they began their long journey to the ground below. Levi's eyes narrowed, and he started drumming his fingers thoughtfully against the table. Fawn crossed her arms, twirling her dyed hair between her fingers as she gazed at Axel, who scratched her chin with her long, silver lacquered nails.

"The Ice Nation borders end right about here, so the only places they can escape to up north are here," Levi explained, pointing to multiple areas on the map laid out before us on the old, stone table. "As for the rest of the realm, these are the only islands that we know of which they can inhabit."

"Minjun is Azgeda though, right?" Fawn questioned. "Maybe he's-"

"Was. He was," I corrected her quickly.

"Trishanakru's army is suffering right now because of the drought, even with the support we've given them. They are not strong enough to fight with us," Axel said.

"This One suggests we send our strongest after Magister Mortalis," D'Vorah suggested, baring her sharp teeth with excitement at the idea of the enemy dying by her hands.

"I don't want to waste any more time," I declared, crossing my arms, the metal of my golden dress pressing into the warmth of my skin. "I want this to end. We need to find their base and take them down as soon as possible."

"I don't see how that will help. It would just be a suicide mission," Fawn protested, setting her palms on the table while her frame leaned forward.

"You don't know how cruel they are, Fawn."

"Well, we were hoping you could tell us so we know what we're up against." I glared at her, her body shifting uncomfortably under my gaze. "Sorry, Heda."

"I don't have time to argue about this. Somehow, our fate worsens with Daewon as their leader."

A loud chirp diverted our attention to a Terrible Terror sitting outside the window on the windowsill, a small note tied to its front forelimb.

"Terror Mail. Get it, D'Vorah."

"Of course," D'Vorah bowed and stepped over to the window and opened it, untying and unrolling the parchment attached to the Terror as the small dragon licked its eye clean. A wave of shock and worry washed over my servant's face. "A message from Azgeda. Queen Adeline has passed away due to illness this morning. They will conduct their coronation by the end of this week."

"Oh, this is bad. This is very bad," Fawn worried, running her fingers through her hair. I glanced at her sternly and she sighed loudly, blinking her eyes shut. D'Vorah placed her hand on my shoulder comfortingly when a sudden knock on the door diverted everyone's attention toward it.

"Another time, please," I yelled, but the door swung open anyway, revealing Yoongi standing in the doorway, an innocent smile plastered on his face. Yoongi's gaze remained fixed solely on me, the corners of his lips forming a playful grin. Levi instinctively reached for his swords but rested easy upon seeing the man's familiar face.