The Guardian (33) (FINAL)

ATTENTION:

THIS CHAPTER IS FROM YOONGI'S POINT OF VIEW

Also fair warning: there are mentions of blood, violence, and death in this chapter, so please proceed with caution!

And get ready for the ride of a lifetime

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"No!"

Maya's body collapsed and fell to the ground as crimson blood pooled underneath her. I screamed in horror, recoiling into the grasp of Seokjin. My entire body shook with fear as I watched my worst nightmare come true before me.

"Your queen is dead!" Minjun yelled, pulling his sword out to raise it into the air, her blood still running down the metal. His breath staggered, and his eyes were filled with darkness. "Now... who's next?"

The seven of us readied ourselves, a mixture of fury and grief pouring from our cries of war. I unsheathed my katana, running towards Minjun with the blade held high when a bright light began emitting from Maya's body. I stepped back, covering my eyes from the blinding light. I could hear Minjun gasp loudly as a menacing roar shook throughout the realm. The ground trembled beneath us, and the dragons could be heard roaring and screaming from what sounded like excitement. Axel came running towards us, shouting from shock.

"By her grace!" She gasped, shaking my shoulder lightly. "Yoongi, look."

I uncovered my eyes to see a truly unbelievable sight.

Maya roared, sending small birds fluttering into the air. Her skin had hardened until it turned into thick white scales. Her head shifted and long spikes sprouted out over her triangular ears. A tail swished out from behind her, complemented with golden embellishments. Sharp glacier-white eyes opened to glance at the sun. Four massive wings sprouted out of her back as she launched herself into the air. Her scales glistened and glittered in the sunlight as she stretched her limbs and her wings.

Minjun growled and fell to the ground, clutching his bleeding chest. He closed his eyes, succumbing to his wounds, and the same flashing light emitted from his body after a few seconds. When I looked back, he too had transformed into a dragon, as black as night. Trails of gold chased each other through his scales, lining his limbs and wings.

He spread his jagged, batlike wings and lifted himself into the air. The wind from his wings blew through my hair fiercely. Minjun peered down at his gargantuan challenger, a glint of intimidation in his eyes. The obsidian dragon made a grinding noise deep in his throat.

"She's-" I stuttered, unable to say anything else.

"A Dragonborn," Namjoon finished my sentence, yet he was as bewildered as I was.

"Not just any, she's the Guardian! A dragon of white and gold, meant to protect the realm. It's her!" Axel marveled, staring up at the two dragons with wide eyes. All other movements had ceased, and every man, woman, and dragon were focusing on the two alphas challenging each other in the sky. Axel's eyes wavered at the black dragon and she gasped. "The Phantom."

"B-But that's not- The Guardian, the Phantom, they're just myths!" Fawn stuttered, her mouth agape at the sight before us.

"Not anymore," I whispered.

The Phantom roared in a deep, booming tone at the Guardian, the sound piercing through the sky. The golden dragon flapped her wings, sending a burst of sand into the air, and roared back with such ferocity that everyone had to cover their ears to not go deaf.