Serendipity (M) (29)

Yo, there's smut in this chapter. It's v soft and cute though.

btw it's been four-ish months since Maya was rescued from Magister Mortalis for reference

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I felt was the familiarity of Yoongi's arms around me. Turning my head to look behind me, his face filled my sight, and I couldn't help but sigh as I observed his features. The warmth of his chest pressing into my back was almost too much, and I could feel the hard, lean muscle of his chest and abdomen against my skin. It felt strangely satisfying to finally be able to wake up to his face again. As soon as I tried to move forward to stand up, he pulled me back down into his tight grasp, groaning quietly.

"Don't get up. I'm comfortable like this," Yoongi mumbled, placing a kiss on the side of my exposed neck. He trailed a few kisses up to my ear before nibbling on it, then he gently kissed my temple.

"Behold, High King Yoongi of The Embrace," I said teasingly, earning a little giggle from him. "God, I adore your laugh." Yoongi propped himself up to look at me as I turned to face him. He smiled and leaned down to kiss me for a moment. He ran his thumb over my cheek as our lips parted, and he locked his eyes with mine.

"Happy birthday, jagiya."

My birthday. With everything that had happened to me, celebrating such a day seemed impossible. And now, everything was back to normal. I had the freedom to be happy after being held back by my fear of Minjun for so long - and my own self-doubt.

"Listen. I am so proud of you." Yoongi kissed me again for a moment, then smiled brightly. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a hug, and he hugged me back, breathing deeply to let out a contemptuous sigh. "I love you, Maya."

"I love you too," I whispered, the words stinging my lips as they flew past. I could only imagine the last time I told him I loved him - before all of this mess. "We have to get up."

"I think we can stay here for a few more minutes." I felt him smirk against the skin of my neck, then move back to face me and connect our lips. I reciprocated more than willingly, and the kiss quickly heated as he leaned further, his body molding into mine. My hands slid up the back of his neck to wind into his hair. Suddenly, a knock on the door diverted our attention, and Yoongi rolled his eyes, groaning aloud. "Every fucking time."

"Get up, lovebirds! Everyone is already downstairs waiting for you!" Seokjin yelled from the other side of the door. Footsteps faded, and Yoongi looked back at me, smiling.

"I'm gonna have to put a 'do not disturb' sign on the door," I joked, earning a small laugh from Yoongi as he stood up, extending his hand out to help me up. As soon as I took his hand, he grinned and pulled me up so hard that I crash-landed into his chest. "Yoongi!"

"Love you," He teased, poking out his tongue. The both of us rushed to get ready and change into more formal wear, even if it was just me and the others celebrating here. I slipped into a beautifully embroidered off-shoulder black dress that stuck perfectly to my form. Regaining my self-confidence was surely going to take time, but now that I had Yoongi again, I was sure he could help me on the path to realizing my worth.

After applying my makeup, I exited the bathroom to see Yoongi dressed in a black dress shirt that showed the top part of his chest in a v-shaped drop, accompanied by a dark blue velvet jacket and black trousers. His eyes wandered across my figure, and he shyly brought his hand to the back of his neck, looking away while mumbling.

"You look beautiful." I smiled and walked over to him, snaked my arms around him, and rested my head on his shoulder, glancing at him from the side.

"You look hot," I said bluntly, earning a loud snort from Yoongi. He laughed quietly to himself and pressed a kiss to my shoulder, grinning.