Chapter 10

Soojung had her eyes closed the entire way to her place. It took her less than ten seconds to realize that Jeno was a much more aggressive motorcyclist in comparison to Jaemin, threading through the cars down the road.

"We're here." Jeno said, making Soojung open her eyes. She wasn't sure if he was stopping for a red light.

Come to think of it, I don't think he stopped for a red light once.

"Thanks." Soojung mumbled as she got off the bike, ready to make a nice warm cup of tea and sit in a bath.

As Soojung glanced at the male on the bike, she saw him rubbing his hands together.

They must be frozen.

Judging from the colour, it was clear that Jeno had a mild case of frostbite, but that wasn't what concerned her.

Are his knuckles bruised? And is that blood?

The medic side of Soojung immediately took over as she placed her hand on top of Jeno's making him look up at her.

"Aren't you going in?"

"Come with me." Soojung told him. "Your hands, they're concerning."

"It's fine, Jaemin will deal with it when I get home." Jeno said but Soojung gave him a look.

"That's if they don't fall off first." Soojung replied. "Please, Jeno. I'm studying medicine too and I know you must be in a lot of pain right now."

"Soojung, you don't need to feel bad and feel like you have to repay me because I took you home." Jeno said but Soojung shook her head.

"It's not that, Jeno. I'm just fulfilling my responsibility as someone who wants to work in the medical field. You don't have to stay for long but for the sake of your health, just come in and warm up before you leave."

Her words somehow worked as Jeno nodded his head.

"Okay, just let me park my bike first."

...

Soojung's apartment was small, clean, and simple. Jeno looked around as he entered, taking in the empty white walls. It was a one bedroom apartment, meaning that the girl lived alone.

 It was a one bedroom apartment, meaning that the girl lived alone

"Take a seat on the couch." Soojung instructed. Jeno nodded, doing as told.

He heard Soojung place a kettle on the stove before running to the washroom. He heard water running and cupboards closed being she came out with a damp towel and a first aid kit.

"Hands." Soojung demanded and Jeno put out his hands that were bright red as his blood began circulating again in the warmth of the apartment.

"Do I even want to know what happened?" Soojung asked as she dabbed the dried blood off his hand with the towel.