Chapter 30

Eomma?

"Oh, Jeno! Come here." Ms. Kim said and Soojung could only watch as Ms. Kim let her boyfriend embrace her.

It then suddenly hit her.

"Eomma, you're alive." Jeno sobbed as the woman was barely able to hug her son back.

Ms. Kim was Jeno's mother.

"Barely." Ms. Kim cried as well. "But I'm glad to see how grown up and handsome my youngest son had become."

"Wait till you see Taeyong." Jeno mumbled and Soojung honestly had no idea what to say.

Not only was Ms. Kim, or I guess Ms. Lee, reunited with her son but she must had somehow gained the rest of her memory back as well.

Soojung looked up as she noticed Jeno and his mother staring at her and Jeno beckoned her forward.

"Eomma, this is Soojung, not Seolhee." Jeno told her. "Soojung's my girlfriend, the one that had been taking care of you."

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart." Ms. Lee said and Soojung smiled, gently patting her arm.

"It's an honest mistake." Soojung said. "But how are you feeling? Seeing your son again is probably a lot to handle."

"My head hurts a lot." Ms. Lee admitted. "And I feel exhausted. But I'm just glad to see my son and have my memory back."

"We should let you rest." Jeno said, giving his mother's hand a squeeze. "I promise I'll be back tomorrow. And the day after. And everyday until we can get you out of here."

Ms. Lee chuckled as she waved her hand. "My son, always so passionate."

Soojung couldn't help but giggle in agreement as Jeno gave his mother a kiss before letting the woman rest up for the night.

As they exited the hospital, Soojung's face became serious again. "Jeno, I hope you know what this means."

"What?" Jeno asked, staring back at his girlfriend, confused.

"There's a lot of paperwork to do for your mother. And a lot of money involved too." Soojung told him.

Jeno smirked before glancing around to make sure there was no one around before leaning forward, his lips brushing against Soojung's ear.

"Well it's a good think that we're part of a gang, isn't it?"

...

"Want me to come in with you?" Haechan asked his cousin, the two of them waiting outside the door to the back.

Jeno had already told his cousin about his mother and Haechan honestly didn't believe him for the longest time. It took a good talk with Soojung and Ayeon for the male to finally be convinced, but eventually, Haechan was able to take it in.

A part of Jeno felt bad, knowing that Haechan's parents weren't saved. Haechan had reassured him though, telling Jeno that having his aunt was more than enough for him.

Now it was time for the hard part.

"It's okay, I can face my own brother." Jeno told him. Haechan nodded his head, giving Jeno a pat on the back.

"Good luck."

Jaehyun had warned Jeno that Taeyong was in a bad mood so Jeno wasn't the least bit surprised when Taeyong lashed out the second the door opened.

"Jaehyun, I told you I needed-"

"It's me."

At the sound of his younger brother's voice, Taeyong instantly turned around. "Oh."