Chapter 6

Carrying her still wrapped around my body to her room, my hands finally find her zipper as her lips continue to attack mine. Her hands grabbing at my curls as the desire to take her against the nearest surface becomes too much.

Slamming her against the wall next to an open door, I hoist her up and grip her ass as my fingers dig into her. Her hands fall out of my hair as my mouth makes work of her neck; nipping, sucking, kissing like I need her skin to breathe.

"Shawnnnn....." she moans as she forces my lips to hers again.

"I couldn't wait baby..." I groan as her hands find my curls and tug eliciting a primal moan from me as her lips and teeth bite down on my neck. "Fuck!" I growl. My hands digging harder into her thick ass as I push her harder into the wall, grinding into her.

"I can't wait for the Dodgers" she says between kisses and for a split second all my movements cease. My blood runs cold and my very hard dick goes limp.

"What?" I whisper against her lips. "Nothing" she shakes her head, forcing my lips down her neck again. I kiss her a couple times before I realize the air isn't as charged as it was before. Letting her slide down the wall, out of my hands, she runs her hands down my chest.

"Come on Shawn....don't you want this?" she asks innocently, her big brown eyes boring into mine, both of us panting as we try and regain our composure.

A phone ringing breaks us out of our staring contest. She lets out a small sigh as she takes her hands off me and walks to find her phone. I lean my arm forward on the wall, trying to catch my breath.

What was that?

Deciding I should go see where she is, I walk back towards her living room to find her sitting on her couch, phone up to her ear as her face goes from shocked, to calm to all of a sudden breaking out into hysterics.

"She's what?" I hear her yell at the receiver. "And you didn't think to tell me? What kind of mother are you?" She continues to yell.

"Fine. I'll be right there, but I want you gone when I get there. I need to say goodbye. Alone." She growls as she slams her phone down on the coffee table in front of her. Her head falling as she sinks further into the couch.

"Fuck!" She screams.

She sees me leaning against the wall, watching her as tears must be clouding her vision. She looks so fragile, vulnerable. My head hurts with the thoughts that I needed this bet; this indecent proposal to have balls enough to make her mine.

"What the fuck you staring at Mendes?" She bites, standing up but losing her balance. I rush over to her, catching her in my arms before she falls to the ground.

"What's wrong Mila?" I ask.

She stiffens in my arms before turning her face to mine. I see anger in her eyes and I'm bracing for impact. Her fists begin pounding my chest as she loses all control. Sobs wrack her body as I strengthen my grip on her.

"She's gone" she whispers so quietly I can't hear her.

"What?" I ask back as she continues to hit me.

"She's gone! My grandmother is gone Shawn! She died an hour ago and instead of being there for her, I was here with you!" She sobs. "I was here trying not to feel something for once and instead I missed something I shouldn't have."

Pulling her with me on the couch, I hold her in my arms as she continues to sob. "Mila, you had no way of knowing she was going to pass tonight" I try and reason.

"I know!" She cries. "But the last person I should've been with is you!" She snaps.

"What?" I ask as my body stiffens. "You asked me to come out tonight, to take you home" I argue.

Our staring match resumes as she looks at me in disgust. "I know!" She yells. "Because I actually liked you! I thought you'd drop the act once you realized that" she says angrily as she throws my arms off her, her chest heaving as she tries to remain calm.

"Camila slow down...you aren't making any sense" I say trying to get close to her again.

"Slow down? Slow down! Are you kidding me?" She growls. "I'M not making any sense?" She snorts as she stands up and walks to her kitchen to grab her heels off the floor.

"Camila I really have no idea what you're trying to say" I explain as I get up from the couch and walk towards her.

She looks at me and let's out a dangerous chuckle. "You know, for someone who graduated top of his class and who I trusted in college, you sure are a wimp now."

Her eyes burn mine as I stare at her, feet from me, makeup smeared, brown locks in tangles and lips swollen. Even pissed and sad; she's still beautiful.

I really don't know what she's talking about but I just want to be there for her. She's hurting; she's been hurting and now that her grandmother is gone all I want is to be the shoulder she cries on. She clearly can't trust her mother, I know the rest of her family is gone. I need to make her see she can trust me.

As I inch closer to her, she takes a few steps back and manages to slip her heels back on before turning away from me and grabbing her keys. I take the opportunity to come up behind her and wrap my arms around her, burying my face in her neck.

She cringes in disgust as she whips out of my arms and back around to face me.

"Don't touch me Shawn!" She growls as more tears trickle down her face. "Don't fucking touch me!"

I'm confused...we were just having dinner, a good time, she wanted me to take her to bed...

"Camila..." I reach my hands out for her.

"No!" She barks, stepping back towards her front door.

"Camila please....tell me what's wrong!" I beg.

"You know" she says quietly, looking down at her feet.

"No I don't honey...tell me. Please tell me Camila" I plead. I try and step towards her again, but her hand out in front of her stops me dead in my tracks as her head raises and her eyes meet mine.

Gone are the tears, gone is the fire I saw in her eyes when she kissed me. Her eyes are cold, just like how she walks around the office.

"I know about the bet Shawn" she says quietly.