Chapter Fourteen: Clockwork

Polonium disposed of Crompton's body. She was still covered in blood. She sat down in the control room. She tapped her boot angrily on the ground. She could feel desperation growing in her chest. Crompton threw everything for a loop. There was no way she could kill everyone in PontyPandy now. She thought long and hard for a moment. She slammed her fist against the console when she couldn't think of a solution. She let out an annoyed sigh. "Let's see I've got a bomb that I can't use with a child anymore. The police force is probably getting ready to raid me at any given moment. Hmm. Well there's only one thing for it."

A wicked smirk appeared on her face. "I'm going to have to give the townspeople what they want. I mean I do have a way of dealing with dogs that won't shut up."

She picked up her phone. She dialed the number for the Police Station in PontyPandy. Rose picked up. "Sergent Rose. It is is, I, Professor Polonium. I'm calling you to make an offer you can't refuse."

Rose narrowed her eyes. "Go on."

"I'm ready to turn myself in. I'm awfully tired of the pathetic games I've been playing. I'll even confess to whatever charges you wish to place on me."

"Why do I have a feeling you want something in return?"

"Oh no. I don't want anything. I just want to do the right thing. How about I meet you guys personally in let's say an hour?"

"Alright but pull anything funny and I've got somebody who is eagerly wanting to put a bullet through you." growled Rose as she hung up.

Polonium set her phone down. "Fools." She grabbed the bomb. She headed out to Crompton's jeep. She drove away from her lab.

Rose decided to call Malcolm after she got done with Polonium. Malcolm met up with Rose at the Police Station. The three of them waited for Polonium to arrive. Winter shifted nervously in his chair. "I have a bad feeling about this." he muttered.

"So do I." commented Rose. "but we need to keep our wits about us."

The doors to the police station opened about an hour later. Polonium stood in the doorway. Rose got up out of her chair. "Polonium..."

"Sergent..." Greeted Polonium.

She tossed them a box. "I've got something that will be worth your while. Consider it an easier way of collecting whatever evidence you want on me."

Malcolm took the box. He began examining it. He heard a faint "click".  Polonium quickly high tailed it out of the Police Station. The box exploded sending  it up into a bright green fireball. She grinned slightly to herself.

Ellie saw a bright flash outside. She gasped quietly. "that came from the Police Station!" she shouted.

Arnold look out the window. "What do you mean?"

"I think Malcolm and the others are in danger." said Ellie.

Ellie quickly ran into the office. Station Officer Steele glanced up at her. "Is everything okay, Firefighter Phillips?"

"Sir, I think something happened at the Police Station. There was this bright green flash."

The alarms suddenly started to go off in the fire station. Steele stood up. "Sounds like somebody thought the same thing." He pressed the logo on the tablet.

An explosion has broken out at the Police Station. came an electronic voice through the speakers.

"You, Penny, and Arnold better go on this one. I'll man the station." Instructed Steele.

"Rodger that, sir!"

Steele sat back down in his chair again. I hope Malcolm and the other are okay.