Engagement

The family has geared up totally for the wedding of the two youngest person of the family. The family left no stone unturned for the preparation. It was declared that engagement will be performed on Diwali night. The whole house was decorated to the fullest.

Arnav got ready and went downstairs. Men of the family got busy in attending the guests. While women was getting ready in a room.

Meanwhile Kushi also got ready in her simple red gown and searched for matching ornaments, but didn't got any.

Kushi was pouting looking at the jewelry. Mansi who saw her pouting went near her.

Mansi - Kya hua Kushi ?

Kushi - There is no jewelry matching my dress Dhi.

Mansi saw the jewelry set placed on the bed and took some and tested along with her dress. Indeed nothing was matching.

Mansi - Why don't you go and search in Chote's room. There must be something matching for your dress.

Kushi smiled wide - Good idea. I'll go.

She moved out of the room and went to Arnav's room and searched for jewelry. She saw many dresses of her's.

She was amused looking at many exquisite designs. Some thing on the cupboard caught her attention.

' To my Baby Dear ' it was written. It was kept in a glass box. A greeting card was there ' Happy Birthday my wife...... From your Arnav '

So this was also one of the gift she received from him. She opened the box and let her finger caress the fabric. She took the fabric and saw the skirt was made velvet with heavy embroidery. Blouse and duppatta was also made very beautifully. It had a label AR on it.

Kushi - Arnav has designed it for me......

She was overwhelmed. She looked at the full length mirror viewing herself in a simple yellow dress.

She surfed the cupboard and found matching jewelry along with the saree box. But it was too heavy..... She thought to look for something else and searched again and this time she became shocked. There was a small jewel box which had a Mangalsutra in it.... She looked at the section that had many things which she recognised as her birthday gifts. There was a beautiful Payals, bangles and many things.

Kushi - Is this mine.... ?

She thought taking that on her hand. She was having emotional tears in her eyes. Determined she thought something and closed the door of the room.

On the other side -

Everyone was standing downstairs and welcoming the guests.

Soon ladies came down. Arnav looked at Meera who was dolled up like an angel. He went near her and side hugged her.....

Arnav - You are looking so beautiful.

Meera - Thank you.

Arnav looked around and didn't find Kushi near them - Where is Kushi ?

Mansi - Oh yeah.... She went to your room searching for some jewelry.

Arnav - Oh ok. Let's go..... Everyone is waiting for you all.

She went and stood beside prem.

Arnav was speaking with his siblings when he felt a sudden change of Air. He looked here and there to find what is it ?