Ch 17: Peter, Rachel, and Josh VS The Army

Haiii <3 Sorry i haven't updated in like....a billion gazillion years. I have been so very busy ^.^ Anyways without further ado. I feel like I'm actually talking to you in real life :'0. Anyways, enjoy!

~Rachel's POV~
Oh man, I thought. This is going to be tough. There were so much of them and so little of us. The non-magic users. Well except for Josh. "You okay Rachel?" Peter asked. I slowly nodded and Josh patted my back. I smiled at him and he smiled back. Suddenly, I felt something across my cheek. A pink haired person just slashed a claw across my cheek creating a mark. Signaling the beginning of the war. Something inside of me just blew up. I was furious. I lashed out at the ping haired girl, who I believe to be Kerry from the Animal Clan. "K-Kerry! You're on their side?" Josh asked. Kerry nodded and smiled, a menacing smile. While Josh and Kerry had a staring contest. I took my chances and punched Kerry in the stomach, she let out an oof sound before crumpling to the ground.
Behind me, someone let out a low growl and tried to kick me. But Peter grabbed his foot and twisted him over. He got right back up. "Animal Transformation: Wolf," Josh yelled. At first nothing happened, but then I noticed his teeth grew sharper and fur started sprouting everywhere. He let out a howl and the whole army turned our way just noticing we were there. I mentally face palmed. Everyone sprung into action.
Josh pounced on everyone in his way. He almost pounced on Peter! Luckily, Peter rolled out of the way and continued giving everyone his so called 'Mega-Punch'. When Peter reached his last soldier, another soldier aimed a spear right at Peter. My eyes widened in fear and I quickly kicked my opponent 2 times before punching the soldier with the spear hard. Peter turned around and thanked me. I noticed his knees were shaking and he was sweating all over. "Bro, take a break." I told him. He sighed in relief and limped over to a tree trunk. I saw a long gash on his left leg. His pants hiding it. I bit my lip in disgust and ran over to him. "And Peter. Take care of that wound." I said. I dumped my bag on the ground and he saw a bunch of first aid kits. He cracked a smile and dug in.
I ran back to help Josh fight, but he was nowhere to be found. I then saw him lying on the ground. A bunch of fallen soldiers surrounded him. He fought the whole army himself. I was astonished. I ran over to him and brought him up on my shoulder. Man, he was heavy. I took him over to Peter and set him down. "Rachel, are we going to go help the others?" He asked. I shook my head. "No. You are injured and Josh and I are exhausted. We should let them fight their battle. It's not ours." I told him. It was true. At first, I wanted to fight for Katie. But now...I realized this wasn't our fight. It wasn't supposed to be our fight.
I remember that night. The night Katie tried to wipe our memory away with Hypno. I was awake. I witnessed everything. For some reason, the magic didn't work on me. Or Peter. It was like she didn't want to do it to us.
I thought that I had finally reunited with my old friend, but it turned out, she found new friends. She was happy with them. We are nothing but history. We will still be her friends, but not in the way as before. I'll cherish the times o had with her, but it's time for me and Peter to move on. To stop dreaming and thinking that Katie is still the same Katie, because she's different now. Different for the better. And even if she's gone. She left happy...at least, that's what I believe.