Ch 4: Arin's Problem

Hey guys! This book is kind of like this anime called Fairy Tail and that's kind of what I based it on, but with different people and such. The battles and characters are different, but the powers are somewhat the same. Well here's number 4, enjoy! -C

~Katie's POV~

I gasped in delight as the glitter finished raining down. Ella was still running around the room as hyper as ever. I was doing fine until she bumped into me at a bone crashing speed. So now, she was pushing me and we were both moving at a fast speed, "Slowwww Dowwn!" I yelled.

"I can't!" She yelled back, we were running straight at the window.

"AAAH!!" We both yelled in unison.

I closed my eyes waiting for the impact, but after like 2 minutes I still felt nothing. I opened my eyes to see Ella on the ground. D-did she take the hit for me? I scrambled up to her to hear her breathing heavily. Just for caution, I moved my hands towards her chest to feel her heartbeat.

Suddenly, a bright light came from my hand and Ella's eyelids fluttered open. "E-Ella? How did you wake up?" I asked her.

"I don't really know, we will figure that later, for now, can you get your hand of my chest?" I looked down and realized I was still touching her where her heart was, I quickly took my hand back and blushed in embarrassment.

She chuckled and got up, "Well, let's solve this mystery, so tell me? Did something happen that caused me to wake up?" I thought about it and remembered the bright light, I told her and her eyes widened.

"Coming from your hand? Causing me to wake up?" She asked, I nodded in response and she grinned wildly.

"You have healing magic! That will work great in battles, this is the best power yet!" Ella jumped on me and hugged me hard, I felt like my ribs were going to crack.

Little did they know, someone was watching them from behind the door, and she looked real jealous.

~Arin's POV~

"Arin, can you go check on Ella and Katie?" The master asked me I nodded and went to go find them.

Once I was on the fifth floor I heard a scream. I started getting worried, so I used my power, luckily, nobody else was in the elevator with me (I mean the mortals who don't know about the dragons and other creatures). I hit the roof of the elevator and a hole formed. I flew out of the hole to the top floor using my fire. I used all my strength to open the elevator door and once I did I ran as fast as I could to the penthouse.

When I looked inside, Ella was on the floor and...Katie had her hand on Ella's chest, I was so enraged! I was about to step in, when a bright light emitted from Katie's hand. I gasped quietly as it surrounded Ella and when the light died, Ella was awake.

"E-Ella how did you wake up?" Katie asked Ella in wonder.

Ella looked my way and I quickly hid myself. I couldn't catch the rest of the conversation, but when I looked back, Ella was hugging Katie hard.

Jealousy quickly spread through me and I wanted to come in and pull Ella away from Katie, so I walked in and pretended to be shocked. Ella quickly let go of Katie.

"A-Arin...what did you see?"

"Um, nothing, I just got here." I lied to her. She hesitantly nodded and asked me why I was here. Ouch. Am I not supposed to be next to my best friend.

"Master wanted to see Katie." Ella nodded and grabbed Katie's hand and sped away on her jets.

Tears were building up in my eyes, what happened to me? You can hold two people on those jets. I tried to stop the tears from coming, but the more I thought about how I'm losing Ella, the more the tears came. I quietly walked into the elevator and sat on the floor, maybe I needed time alone, away from the group, away from Ella, and away from Katie.

When the elevator door opened, I made my way outside to see it was raining. So what if it was raining, my opposite, it didn't effect me too much, I walked outside and felt a little pain in my body, stupid rain.

I was so caught up in the stupid rain thing that I bumped into 2 men. "Yo! Watch where you are going you little piece of crap." He kicked me and left with his buddy.

Anger started to build up in my body and because of the rain I got even angrier. I punched my fist on the ground and made the sidewalk crack. The rain was pouring by then and I couldn't take it anymore, I collapsed.

When I came to, I was on a soft couch. When I was more aware of my surroundings, I realized I was in Ella's room.

"Don't run off like that." I heard a soft voice whisper.

I turned around and saw Ella. "E-Ella?"

Tears welled up in my eyes and I started bawling like a kid. A pair of arms wrapped around my waist and soothed me. Ella. She was right in front of me, and we were alone like the old times when Katie wasn't here.

"Why were you hugging Katie?" I asked trying not to sound jealous.

Ella laughed and said, "Ya know, she healed you when we found you in the rain, I was hugging her because I was so happy that she had healing powers, it would be a big help. Arin, you don't have to be jealous of Katie, she just needs some attention since she's new, like a newborn baby. But trust me, she isn't my best friend and sister, you are."

When she said that I bawled even more and she hugged me even tighter.

"E-Ella, what will I do? Katie probably knows I don't like her, when I really do!"

"Talk to her Arin, ya know, I'm not the only fish in the sea you can make friends with." Ella giggled and got up, "When you feel better, I will be at the buffet with the rest of the group."

I nodded and Ella left. Her sister huh? I smiled and got up.

"Ella! Wait up!"

~Katie's POV~

While I was healing Arin, I heard her mutter some things. "Katie, meet your doom" or like "Ella is mine and mine only." And "I hate you Katie!" She said that last line with bitter and hatred. I was shocked, I thought we were friends.

"My my, you are thinking hard." I looked up and saw Jill.

"Hey Jill, does Arin hate me or anyone in this clan?" Jill shook her head and sat next to me, "She's probably just jealous, the way you and Ella act. Ella is Arin's best friend and Arin thinks of Ella as her older sister."

"Ooh, do you mind telling me the story on how it happened?" Jill told me she didn't mind and she started.

Arin ran away from her family when she was 6 and Ella found Arin in the middle of a forest. Arin had some sympathy for the kid and she took the kid or Arin to the hotel's clinic. At that time, only Emma and Ella were the found dragons. Starla, Ace's crush was there too, but she left a week later I believe. Ella took care of Arin and protected Arin even though she could've died. Arin has always looked up to Ella and they are really close, almost like sisters.

"That's the summarized story of how it happened" Jill said.

I nodded and we chatted for about 7 minutes until Ace, Bella, Emma, Ella, and Arin came in. Jill patted the seat next to her and Bella sat there. Emma sat next to Bella. Ella sat one seat away from me, but Arin didn't sit. She came up to me instead.

"We need to talk." She told me I gulped and followed her.

I wonder what was going to happen to me. She led me to her room and took out a sword and pointed it at me.