Ch 5: A Old Bestie

Sorry I haven't been updating for a while, I was busy with school. Well here's Ch. 5. -C

~Katie's POV~

She led me to her room, and took her sword out and pointed it at me. I froze in shock. "A-Arin?"

Arin started to laughed hysterically and put the sword away. "You seriously think I would hit you?"

I nodded and Arin stopped laughing. "I was going to, but something stopped me. I guess I shouldn't be jealous of you and Ella, I mean you are just new right? You need some attention too."

I smiled at her nervously.

"Well, um, why am I here?" I asked her.

"Oh right! I am sorry that I got in between you and Ella. I was just jealous of you. Ella is like my sister I never had ya know? She paid a lot of attention on me, but when you came along it was like I was never there, and that hurt."

I nodded understandingly. I knew how it felt to be jealous.

~Flashback~

My so called best friend Cherry and I were playing under the cherry tree, our normal hangout.

"Katie! Race ya to the cherry tree!" Cherry yelled out. I nodded and we ran our fullest.

We were running so fast that we didn't notice 2 girls walking down the road. I

bumped into one of them. "Hey watch where you are going!?" The girl yelled out to me in a Nasty tone.

"Don't yell at Katie!" Cherry said standing up for me.

The girl smirked. "You got guts standing up to me, I'll give ya credit for that, the name is Mia, my friend over here is Rhonda. Wanna hang with us sometime girly?"

Cherri's eyes widened and nodded quickly, she then walked up to Mia and Rhonda.

"Sorry Katie, hang with you another time Kay?" I nodded and smiled.

The three hopped of and I headed home. The next day, I saw Cherry walked down the sidewalk, she passed my house.

"Cherry! You passed my house! It's right here!" She turned around and beckoned me to come over.

"I would come over but, you always come out late, Rhonda and Mia go to our school and they always come out early, so I thought maybe I could go with them."

That hurt my best friend just told me that she would rather go to school with Rhonda and Mia even though they lived really far. I walked with Cherry, but she never spoke to me, by the time we got to Rhonda and Mia's house they were waiting for us on the sidewalk bench

. "Uugh. What is she doing here?" Mia asked.

"I don't know, she wanted to follow me, but I wish she didn't." Cherry said.

I was hurt, my best friend...

During the walk, Cherry talked to Mia and Rhonda and ignored me, I was jealous. I wish I never bumped into Ronda and Mia.

As the days passed, I saw Cherry less and less. One day I couldn't stand it at all, I marched up to their table and asked Cherry, "Cherry! How come you have been ignoring me? I thought we were the best friends ever! We even made a vow, no matter what happens we will always be friends."

"Ugh! Don't sit next to us, you aren't worthy enough to sit at a popular table! Now leave you trash!" Cherry exclaimed.

Tears stung my eyes and I ran.

I ran right into a small girl with blonde hair.

"I'm sorry!" I yelled!

"No, no it's alright. My name's Rachel Walker."

"Nice to meet you! I'm Katie Rosen."

"Oh! From the Rosen gang? So lucky, and I'm in all your classes!"

"Really? Wanna hang out tomorrow?" Rachel nodded her head happily.

All my jealousy and sadness flushed away and we hung out ever since.

~Present~

"Well we should get back to the table." I told Arin. She nodded.

We walked to the buffet room and saw a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes and a boy with chestnut hair and green eyes.

"R-Rachel? P-Peter?"

They looked at us and ran towards me.

"KATIE!" They yelled in unison. We hugged for what seems like forever.

"I haven't seen you in so long!" Rachel told me. I nodded and smiled crazily.

"How'd you guys find me?"

"Well, we met your foster parents and they told us that you moved to OrangeField. So we quickly rushed here excited to see you, it took forever to find out which hotel you were in!" Rachel complained.

I snickered, "still the same! I'm glad that your here." I told her, she smiled and hugged me again.

"Come on! Let's go back to the table."

We walked towards the table where my new friends sat.

"We have told them about the dragon powers." Ace told me.

I nodded and smiled at them.

I looked around my table, I was surrounded with my old and new friends, I was happier than ever.