eighteen; rejection

R I C C A R D O

"Well now then mardy bum, I've seen your frown and it's like looking down a barrel of a gun and it goes off."

. . .

I put my phone away and look at the documents lying in front of me. A headache already forms in my mind at the thought of going through all of it.

While taking a sip of my coffee, my eyes move to the clock and it's just one minute before 2 PM.

I let out a sigh and put my cup back down, waiting for the knock that's about to take place at my door in exactly one minute. She's always right on time. I don't know how she does it.

And just as expected, I hear a faint knock at the door. Telling her to come in, I keep my eyes fixated on the door and watch Aurora step inside, head held high and her shoulders squared up.

She sends me a polite smile before closing the door behind her and walking towards my desk, taking a seat in front of it. Her brown hair is down, framing her pretty face and sharp features.

She isn't the one to address me first. She usually enters with a cheerful smile and asks me how I'm doing. I frown at that.

Does this have to do with what happened on Friday?

"Hello Aurora," I say, deciding to be the first one to speak up. "Riccardo," she replies, her voice not as happy and cheerful as it used to be.

Saturday morning was quite... weird. She only came down for a cup of tea and didn't even glance at me, only murmured a good morning and that was it.

The tension was obvious, but not for Athena and Vincenzo. And even though everything that happened between us, I didn't want to take away Aurora's chance of being a good lawyer, even though I'm convinced she can do this without my help.

But seeing as she struggles on some subjects, I still want to help her. So, I told Vincenzo that she could come over today and made sure he'd pass the message on to her.

"Have you studied?" I ask and take some documents out of my top drawer, along with a test I had put together for her.

She nods. "Of course," she says. "It's way easier to understand some things now when I'm studying and I remember things better," she tells me, her soft voice caressing my ears.

"I've put together this test," I say and slide the documents over the desk, towards her. Her curious eyes take a glance at it and she nods.

"Read through it and then answer the questions, I'll look through it when you're done."

"Okay," she says, her voice soft. Her demeanor has changed. She's quiet and timid. She has always been polite around me, but not to this extent.

She sits up and collects her brown strands, tying them in a low ponytail with a few loose strands escaping and resting on her high cheekbones.

For a second, an image of her naked body flashes through my mind, where she's tying her hair to suck on my dick.

I clear my throat and sit up, not believing what had just crossed my mind, and focus my attention back on my screen, refusing to acknowledge my recent thoughts.

So, what now, you kiss her two times and you're acting like a teenager?

My eyes land on the woman lying on my chest displayed on the screen of my computer and a little smile forms on my face.

I manage to get my head back in the game and focus on my work, the silence stretching out over me and Aurora as we both work quietly.

But this time we're both ignoring the fact that we kissed on Friday, and she tried to seduce me. I clench my jaw and clear my head, letting my eyes land back on what's in front of me.