Crisp Trepidation (dad!Harry)

Word Count: 5.2k

Warnings: angst, mentions of smut, pregnancy

Author's Note: Here she is! The promised "Y/N is pregnant again before she's ready" fic. I ended up liking this a lot more than I thought I would, so I hope you all do as well! Take care and TPWK. 

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my favorite tiny human," the pediatrician chimed as she kicked the door to the small examination room shut with her sneaker.

"You must say that to all of the parents that you see," Y/N blushed, unable to hide the smile that tugged on the corners of her lips.

"I don't, actually. I'm being honest when I tell you she is the cutest baby I have ever seen in my life. Those curls! Are you kidding me?"

She padded over to the miniature exam table to get a better look at the infant that was lying contently on her back and chewing on her pudgy albeit still tiny fingers.

"Let's take a look at how you're doing, sweet pea."

The doctor, Lisa, lifted the stethoscope that was looped around her neck and placed it correctly into her ears. Listening to the baby's heartbeat to check for any abnormalities, she couldn't help but give a sympathetic frown when the tiny girl under her tensed up from the cool touch of the metal.

"Nurse's notes say she's put on quite a bit. She's finally caught up to her age group in weight. I'm assuming breastfeeding is going better for you both now?"

She lovingly squeezed the extra chub around her thighs.

"Yeah. We don't really use bottles anymore. Finally got her to latch on and now it seems like all she wants to do it eat," Y/N chuckled.

"Good! That's good. There's nothing wrong with formula like we talked about, but it's even better to breastfeed when you can. Is she hitting the milestones? Rolling over? Propping her head up? Babbling a bit?"

"Babbling, definitely. She keeps us up sometimes because we can hear her talking to herself through the monitor at night," Y/N poked her tongue out at her daughter in an attempt to get her to smile.

"Having a bit of trouble propping herself up though. She can only do it for a little bit and then she'll give up. She's got Harry's giant head, though, so I'm sure it's a bit of a struggle."

Lisa laughed loudly at the mention of her patient's father, knowing good and well what Y/N meant. She scribbled notes onto the file attached to her clipboard, checking off the baby's progress and coinciding what the nurse that came in before her documented about her length and weight.

"She'll get to it eventually. All babies are different. She seems to be coming along quite nicely, though. Nothing abnormal or anything to fuss about. A perfectly healthy six-month-old in my book."

Y/N sighed in relief, though she knew there was nothing to worry over to begin with.

"How's mum doing? You taking care of yourself, too? You're just as important as baby."

"When I can. Harry's really good with her. He'll take over when he sees me struggling, but it seems like she only wants me these days. Think I might be coming down with something, though. I've been feeling awful for a few weeks. Like I got hit by a train. I keep reminding myself to go get checked out, but I always get distracted taking care of her," Y/N gestured to her daughter that was now drooling onto the parchment liner and staring up at the ceiling as if there was something ornately interesting about the popcorn texture that had been stippled onto it.

"When you say, 'hit by a train,' what do you mean? I can examine you here if you'd like. As long as it's nothing serious, I can send you something off to the pharmacy."