Day 16 - Childhood Memories

Ink's POV

Dream is basically ranting, although he presented the idea as talking about when he was younger in Dreamtale. Blue already fell asleep, but I've endured his ranting and just so he gets it out. Apparently Dream was treated like a god and Nightmare was treated like shit, so Dream still feels bad.

"It was just so horrible, me being alive is why he suffered," that was the final straw, Dream had said a lot of bad things about himself tonight, but this was by far the worst.

"Don't say that, it's not your fault just because you're alive. If you weren't alive me and Blue wouldn't have ever known what to do with ourselves," he teared up a bit and started to cry, holding onto me tightly.

"I-I'm sorry," Dream took a deep breath and tried to calm down, I just rubbed his back.

"It's okay, how about we wake up Blue and make you some good Christmas memories? Then you might feel a little better," he nodded and rested his head on my shoulder, I lightly shook him with my free hand.

"Mmm, is it morning already? Dream! Stop crying, it's okay," Blue's moods changed quickly and he roughly wrapped Dream in a hug.

"Blue, I'm okay," Dream was clearly only half telling the truth and I wish he wouldn't do that.

"Dream was just a little down over how things used to be for him," he nodded and continued to wipe Dream's tears away as they appeared.

So we went and got Dream to make cookies with us right after, followed by snowman building. He seemed to cheer up, but we kept going and found that he likes to walk through the snow. Dream became happier over time and we took it as a sign that we could go home and relax.

- 306 words

Hope you enjoyed

I put Heathers on in the background of my writing and I've never had more regrets, it's so distracking. Nothing ends out really happy when I'm listening to music like that. SIX is next for tonight. These will get better once Christmas break starts, so just 3 more days.