𝐂𝐡. 𝟐𝟒

Kenma felt the cool breeze of the windy night hit his face. He missed this, it felt like so long since he's been up here. He wondered if you came up here in the past weeks. Probably not, Kenma looked around it was well past midnight and there was almost nothing insight. Even if it looks like the city was done for the night it wasn't true, lights were always around illuminating anything and everything in its path.

Kenma's eyes then flickered to the sky, he forgot when he last looked at them. Blue and white scattered the sky, his mind wondered back when you had told him that he was a star. He let out a chuckle, there was no way in hell Kenma Kozume was eve a star. He was just a boy, a boy that is tired, and a boy who's made some mistakes that he couldn't handle the weight of his regret. Kenma's eyes got lost in the stars, Kuroo and you had talked about them so much he thought he could be an expert alone by just both of you twos knowledge. Kenma thought you wouldn't be into them that much, if he's being honest he didn't know when you started to like them as much as you did. He was glad that you talked about it to him though.

Kenma closed his eyes, he then took a deep breath. Kenma felt whatever feeling of regret and hatred for himself fade slightly. He opened his eyes, met with stars. "I can't do this anymore." He said to the unknown, he wanted to. Whatever higher power that others believed in knew he wanted to. But it hurt, hurt like all hell and Kenma hadn't felt that either. He always thought he was normal for thinking that too, but now getting hit with these new feelings hurt a little too much.

Kenma looked to the side of him, there lay a single white rose. It stood out completely, Kenma was going to leave it at your doorstep. He knew you wouldn't talk to him verbally or texting so he thought this single rose would be good enough. Kenma didn't know if he had apologized to you yet, so he hoped you'd take this one. He should've left some kitkats by it too, he knew you liked them.

He wasn't a big fan of them, but you once told them they'd make an apple pie flavor and he was excited to try it. Kenma sighed, maybe you'd come up here one day and you'll see the rose he left you. He got up from the edge and walked to the doors of the rooftop for the last time, he needed to let you go.

__________

Kenma sat on the new building that had just been made, you both had noticed it in the making when you visited the rooftop. He was a little surprised at how it got done so fast, and he was even more surprised by the fact it was a bitch to get up there. To the top of the building he meant, he wasn't much of a fan of seeking into something.

Kenma walked around the building, he didn't know why he was up here. Maybe he'd crash up here and abandon his old spot, Kenma didn't know how to feel about the change. It wasn't a big one he supposed, he then climbed onto the edge and sat down. It was a lot higher than the other one.

'Don't you wanna be free?'

Kenma sighed, and here he thought the voice in his head had gone away. He looked down at the drop, he didn't know what free had meant. Or he did know, and he wanted to just tell himself that it wasn't what he wanted. Kenma stared off at the drop before him, he then carefully stood up on the edge. "Huh, it does feel like you're about to fly." He commented. Kenma looked at the scenery before him, his bangs covering it slightly. He then pulled his bangs away from his field of vision, he knew it made him anxious. But he could careless, the world looked so big and he wanted to see it from your point of view. And fuck it was amazing looking. Kenma smiled, it felt like forever since he had done that. He extended his arms, letting the wind blow through him it made him shiver.

He closed his eyes, his mind racing back to you. "See you in the next life I guess Y/n." He then leaned back.

When said life is full of leaps of faith, it's true. People choose what happens to them in their life, and it leads to good or bad decisions. They never know until they do that single leap of faith, life is too short for you not to decide on how you wanna live it. And Kenma knew how he wanted to live it and it wasn't like this, if he was being honest he'd thought about this a lot. Even when he didn't want to, but Kenma could say for a fact life does flash before your eyes. And he's so fucking happy you were in his, he wished he could've seen it over again. If only he could've seen your last text before he went.

Y/n♥︎(Sent: May 21st, 2:00 PM)
You're my home too Kozume. I love you too but I wanna see you tonight! So be there! I wanna say it in person too ^^.

Love is strange. It's something people don't put into words quite often. But it's strange and it feels so unbelievably good, it's just emotions, beliefs, and such it's so intense, so affectionate and so warm. Kenma Kozume knew for a fact that he loved Y/n L/n with every part of his body. Kenma didn't just believe that soulmates just existed, but he did believe that they're made between both people. Kenma likes to think he made you his soulmate all on his own.

__________