Chapter Eleven: If you go down, I go down

"So, I think we can officially say part one of the plan was successful." Zach leans back on his chair, a smirk on his lips.

"Judging by how furious Jonah is, you can definitely say that," Paige laughed.

We're back at the coffee place, to discuss the next thing we're gonna do. It has to be as effective as slashing his tires, maybe even more.

"I can't believe he's already going insane about this, when there's so much more to come." I take a sip of my coffee, warming my hands on the cup.

"Honestly, I thought it would take more to make him this mad, but I guess not. I really expected him to act like it's not a big deal, but the fact he's already losing his mind is pretty impressive of us." Zach grinned, glancing at me for a moment with his big, brown eyes. Eyes that still make my heart pound like crazy.

I quickly look away from him. "So, what's the next step?" I try distracting him from staring at me, and myself from staring back.

It works. he clears his throat, continuing the conversation. "We have to start looking for something we can share on the internet. Pictures, videos, voice memos, everything. We're gonna need those for the last phase of the plan, after we're done messing with him through little things."

"And how can we get to his personal stuff? I'm guessing you already have an idea?" Paige's voice sounds scoffing, but in a teasing way.

"Of course." Zach grinned again. "We have to find a way to get to his phone, because that's gonna have the most information on it."

"Good thinking. Maybe we could take it from the locker room when he's at practice?"Paige suggested.

"Sounds like a great plan. It's even better than stealing his clothes like we originally intended." Zach clapped his hands, smiling satisfied.

"But we are gonna return it after we gather the information, right? I don't think stealing stuff is a great thing to do," I ask worried.

"Of course. We'll just take it from the locker room, hack it to find information, and then put it back right where we found it. The football team's practice is usually hours long, so that's definitely enough time to transfer the files to my laptop," Zach shrugged.

"You know how to hack his phone?" Paige raised an eyebrow.

"I don't, but I know someone who does. I told him about our situation, and he wanted to help us," Zach stated.

"You did what?" Paige and I yell in unison, our mouths dropping to the floor.

"You told someone about what we're doing? Are you out of your mind, Herron?" I shout out.

"Calm down. It's just Jack Avery I told, he's a complete geek who doesn't talk to anyone except his computer. He has reasons to hate Jonah as well, so he was happy to help. He won't tell a single soul." Zach shrugged, like he didn't do anything.

"What were you thinking? You just brought another person into our revenge plan, without us even knowing him!" Paige seems as furious as I am.

"We can trust this guy, I promise." Zach tried soothing us.

"How do we know that? We don't even know if we can trust you!" I yell, causing a deadly silence.

After staying quiet for a few seconds, Zach sighs frustrated, running his hands through his hair, a hurt expression on his face. "Seriously, Harley? I've slashed tires and almost got caught while doing it, with you right beside me. You still don't think you can trust me? Really?"

I stay quiet, looking at my hands on the table, curious about what he's gonna say next.

"How many times do I have to tell you we're doing this as a team? If you go down, I go down. That's just the way it is." He then grabs my hand, completely out of the blue, causing me to flinch.