Chapter Seventeen: I'm the one you shouldn't have messed with

First period just started, and I walk into my classroom. I see Zach entering in the corner of my eye as well. I quickly glance at him, and he softly smiles. I smile back relieved. I'm happy things are good between us again.

But the person whom things aren't good, is sitting in the classroom as well. Jonah looks pissed at me as he sees me coming in, grinding his teeth. Shit, I forgot about the phone. He probably knows it's gone, connected the dots and knows I have it in my possession. And I have a feeling he's gonna confront me about it.

I take a deep breath, put my chin up in the air and sit down at my table, trying to ignore him. But Jonah doesn't seem to like being ignored, and lurches forward to my table. For once he isn't accompanied by his two buddies, which doesn't happen often. Those three are glued together.

"Alright, Wilson, give me my damn phone back. It's gone, and I know you have it, so give it back. Now," he barked, his hands on my table, towering over me.

But I'm not scared. "I don't know what you're talking about, Jonah," I scoff, leaning back.

"Yes, you do. You somehow stole my phone when I was at practice, and I don't know what you wanna do with it, but I want it back, and that's an order," he demanded, his cheeks flushed from anger.

I know for sure what I wanna do with it. Jack's still decoding some of the files, and so far he hasn't found anything interesting, but that's just a matter of time. We will find something, and we will use it.

"Your phone was stolen? How unfortunate." I play it innocent, trying to hold back my laughter. I like seeing him this helpless.

He bangs his fists on the table, but I don't flinch. I don't move, because I'm in control. He barks, but doesn't bite, because he knows what I'm capable of.

"Quit playing these games, Harley," he hissed. "You're gonna regret messing with me if you don't quit this crap soon."

I stand up, so he doesn't tower over me anymore, and put my hands on the table as well. "Haven't you thought that perhaps I'm the one you shouldn't have messed with, Jonah?"

"Is this still about that account?" he growled.

"What else would it be about? You invaded my privacy, so why can't I do the same?" I shrug, a playful smile on my lips.

"Alright, I'm sorry, Harley. I shouldn't have made that page." He started sounding desperate, looking for ways to get out of this.

"Don't you think it's a little late for that? And besides that, I'm just getting started, Jonah. This is all just starting."

"Damn it, Harley, just stop it!" This guy really is hot and cold. One moment he's begging and apologising, and another one he's already back at yelling.

"Listen to me, Jonah, because I'll only say this once." I lean even closer to him. "I won't stop. I'll keep going until you're taken down, crawling on the ground, defeated. I will keep going."

"You really want me to make your life a living hell, don't you?" He suddenly sounded threatening again. "Because whatever you can do, I can as well. You're not the only one who knows how to play games."

Then he grabs my wrist fiercely, and I'm startled. I didn't expect him to touch me. I try shaking my arm, to pull myself free from his hold, but he's too strong.

"Let go of me," I hiss, slowly starting to panic inside.

"Have you ever thought what your mommy would say about this? Her little daughter, slutting around and stealing stuff? Doesn't sound like a child I would want to me." An awful grin appears on his face, as he grabs my wrist even tighter.

Those words hit me like a bullet in my chest. I didn't even know he knew about Mom.

I bite my lip to prevent it from trembling, as I fight back the tears behind my eyes. "Let go of me, Jonah. I mean it."

He smirks. "Why would I? I thought you like being touched by boys, you slut-"

But then he gets interrupted by a loud voice. "Let go of her. You heard her." Zach's suddenly standing next to me, crossing his arms, anger flickering in his eyes. He looks furious.

Reluctantly Jonah lets go of me. "Well well, if that isn't Zach Herron. Are you the latest catch of Miss Slut or something?" he scoffed, not impressed.

"I would shut that damn mouth of you if I were you." Zach hissed. He takes a step forward, now standing in front of me, protecting me with his body.

Jealousy flashes through Jonah's eyes as he looks at the two of us. "Look at the two of you. The slut who hooks up with everything she bumps into, and the pathetic who doesn't know how to keep a girl. Quite the duo, I'd say," he scoffed.

Zach lurches forward, grabbing Jonah by his collar. Jonah's way taller and stronger than zach, but at this moment Zach looks way more intimidating. Maybe it's the pure anger flickering in his eyes.

"If I hear you saying one more thing about Harley, I'll knock you out. And that's a promise," Zach warned him with a low voice, tightly holding on to the collar. He clenches his other fist, like he's ready to throw a punch if necessary.

Jonah gulps, clearly intimidated now. I don't think he expected Zach to do this. "Let go of me," he demanded, not sounding as determined as before.

"That sounds familiar, doesn't it?" Zach scoffed, as he lets go of Jonah, who almost loses his balance. "Stay the hell away from Harley. I mean it."

And with those words, he grabs my arm, pulling me away from my table and Jonah to a less crowded place.

"Hey, are you okay?" he whispered, softly brushing my cheek. "I heard those awful things he said."

I'm startled. Did he hear what Jonah said about Mom?

Have you ever thought what your mommy would say about this?

The words are still echoing in my mind. I can't believe Jonah said that.

"Harley, is everything alright?" Zach asked worried, but I'm not focused on him.

Is Jonah right? Am I disappointing Mom? Would she despise me if she was still here? Does she despise me, wherever she is now?

"Harley, talk to me, please," Zach practically begged. slowly cupping my cheek with his hand.

His touch rips me out of my thoughts, my eyes looking in his, probably filled with despair. Slowly I touch his hand on my cheek.

"I have to go," I mumble, then running out the classroom.