21.

Alba:

Ryle and I walk into the hall hand in hand. I still can't get over the fact that Marshall threw a party, in a whole hall at that, just for us. Even more than that, I'm so happy Ryle went out and bought me a dress, lipstick, a rose, and even wore the same colour as me. There's no way in hell that I'm letting this night go to waste, I'm not going to let anything or anyone ruin it for us. 

"Ready?" I ask Ryle as I spot Marshall amongst the crowd.

"As I'll ever be." He answers with a grin.

"Great! Then let's go right over to him." I remark happily.

"Don't think we need to, he seems to be coming right over himself." Ryle snorts and I laugh and wave at a beaming Marshall who's barreling his way over.

"Alba Balba!" He garbles and Ryle rolls his eyes. "And her, driver, was it?"

I snort and giggle remembering the night I met Marshall and spilled my Ryle filled guts to him. Told him every little thing that had happened between us, everything.

"Heard that Ma'am?" Ryle asks jutting his lower lip in Marshall's direction. "A driver shouldn't be here, so I should go." I laugh and shake my head, gripping at his sturdy bicep.

"Absolutely not! I don't go anywhere without my trusty, and oh so handsome, driver!" I say like a pish-posh lady, pushing my palm flat against Ryle's chest, and Marshal guffaws.

"Oh?" Ryle smirks. "Then you'll be going with me? Great! Let's go."

"Nooooo!" Marshall and I groan stopping him in his tracks.

"Stop it Marshall, Okay? He's been promoted, from driver to boyfriend. So respect him." I order looking to Ryle for approval and he gives a so-so gesture while Marshall feigns innocence.

"Alba!" Marshall suddenly exclaims. "You look beautiful! I knew you'd look good in that dress." I deflate and turn to Ryle, he rolls his eyes and socks Marshall in the arm.

"He's lying, I chose that dress, and I have the wildest story to prove it." Ryle smiles at me and I happily press my cheek to his arm.

"Wait! Marshall you went shopping too?" Alba exclaims on the brink of laughter.

"Uh-huh. Ryle would have been lost without me. Good for him I was there!" Marshall puffs his chest and crosses his arms over it.

"I absolutely would have, you had all the ugly dresses piled up in your arms so I definitely had a much easier time looking for the right dress." Ryle argues and I slap a hand over my mouth.

"You know what? I don't need you, I have Alba. Let's go." He says offering his arm to me and her laughter bursts out, visibly offending him.

"Yeah, fat chance big boy. Run along now. Back to your roll of Mentos before it explodes." Ryle smirks jutting his head toward Alyssa who's watching us blandly, no Lily in sight.

"Dang it! Gotta go! Dance some, eat, mingle some, eat, smooch in a corner some, and- Oh! Did I mention? Don't forget to eat!" Marshall rambles as he rushes off, leaving us to teeter with laughter.

"Let's go!" I pull at Ryle's hand and he nods.

"Where to?" He asks and I smile.