27.

Alba:

My eyes are stinging and my nose is tingling. I want to kiss this day away, I want to spend it in his arms and nowhere else. He's my bustling city, my welcoming home, my warm bed. I want to reside in him and him alone, surrounded by him.

I back Ryle up towards the bed and he grins against my lips, loving my impatience. We fall onto the bed and he rolls us over, hovering over me. His shining blond hair hangs around his face, and his lips tease me.

"What happened to marriage first?" He whispers I can feel his breath right against my lips.

"Then marry me." I dare to say.

My eyes snap from his lips to his eyes, daring him.

"Seriously?" He asks pulling back a little and I smile.

"I've never hid the fact that I want to marry you." I add flipping onto my stomach underneath him, pressing my cheek against folding my arms.

He sits up straddling my hips, my stomach flutters as his finger brush my hair aside exposing my back and shoulder.

"That's true." He leans down pressing his lips to the back of my shoulder.

"So? What do you say? Convinced yet?" I ask staring at him sideways.

"No," he smirks suggestively against my skin and I shudder, "you're going to have to convince me some more."

"I think so too." I smirk myself and tackle him over onto the bed.

This time I straddle him, and he stares up at me his beautiful hair framing his face.

"How about we practice our mosquito bites?" I say and his gaze darkens.

'I knew it.' I think my stomach flipping. 'He likes it, a lot.'

I lean down and he almost grudgingly leans his head back. I press my lips to his neck, my lips pulling at the skin, making him groan. I pull back, but only enough to see his face.

"Convinced yet?" I ask and he turns us over one more time. It was so fast and unexpected that it makes me shriek.

"Not even close." He kisses me and I get lost in him again.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the ease and lightness that we approached this topic with.

"Let's go somewhere." He suddenly says pulling away, winded.

"Where?" I ask breathlessly.

"Skating." He grins excitedly.

"I don't know how to skate." I confess my heart thumping.

"That's even better." He climbs off of me, grabs my hands and pulls me up.

"This is going to be so embarrassing." I feel my cheeks heating up.

"You won't be the only one who's learning for the first time." He reasons and I deflate.

"So it'll be me and a bunch of little kiddies." I sigh as he leads me over to the closet to change.

"What's so bad about that? You love kids." He grins over his shoulder and my heart melts.

"That's true." I smile like an idiot.

'Why am I making a fuss? People learn at different ages. Better late than never.' I think riffling through my clothes. 'He's in such a good mood.'

"Wear this one." Ryle suggests from right behind me.

"Which?" I ask furrowing my brows.

"This one." He says raising an arm around me to tug a soft yellow turtle neck off of its hanger.

"Cute." I smile rubbing the cozy and warm material between my fingers.

'He's being so different. What is going on?' I think, happily incredulous.

"Let's go shower." He says like a complete ray of sunshine, and I snort.

'Aaaaand he's back!' I think happily.

"Not a chance!" I laugh and grab the rest of my clothes before making a break for the washroom.

Ryle:

I smile at the washroom door as it slams shut. I don't even bother trying to stop her.... or get in. 

I've learnt from past experiences that Alba's very persistent when it comes to me seeing her naked, even surprisingly aggressive and risky. I shake my head, and press a hand over my chest. I can't seem to calm down. I can't seem to get her out of my head for a second, and I don't think I want to. My eyes flash over to the mirror table and there sits a book, I guess the one she was so into. 

It's brown and plain. Nothing too special.

Alba:

"Here, let me do it." Ryle says after watching me struggle with my skates.

I frown and straighten up letting him close in on my feet. I watch as he yanks at the skates, making sure I've gotten my foot in properly. Then he gets to work on the laces, he tightens them, ridiculously tight making me cringe inwardly.

'He did say the have to be on really tightly.' I think biting my lip.

My eyes catch on his concentrated face, the way his nose slightly scrunches up, the way his eyes squint.

"Done." He says pulling away.