45.

Alba:

I carefully breath out, staring at myself in the mirror. I smooth back my curls and turn to make sure that they're falling down my back properly. I look perfect, I'm just so excited I'm afraid I'll ruin something in my haste. I flatten my palm on the plain flare of my dress, I run my fingers along the simple white lacy that stops at my waist. My fingers trial up over my chest and unto the see through lace sleeves.

"Ryle will love it." I say to myself.

My phone rings and I jump to quickly pick it up.

"Get down here you!" Marshall says playfully, "I'm here to pick you up."

"Okay, okay, I'm coming!" I hang up, and slide my phone into the pocket of my dress.

I take the elevator down, making sure to delicately hold my dress up as I do. I stride out of the building and spot Marshall near the entrance. He waves and give me a whole bunch of thumbs up's as I walk over.

"You look perfect." He says as he pulls the door open for me.

"Thank you." I whisper as I slowly climb in.

Marshall closes the door and gets into the drivers seat, he turns and grins at me.

"Ready to get married?" He asks me.

"I was born ready." I grin back.

We drive off towards the cottage and Marshall's humming like it's his birthday.

"Thank you Marshall, for everything." I say suddenly and his grin grows. "Without you none of this would have happened."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." He says for a humble moment. "Nah! Who am I kidding it was all me!"

I laugh and shake my head as he guffaws proudly.

"But really," he stops getting serious, "loving my best friend. Thank you for that."

"I would do it all again if I were given the choice." I smile, and he gives his eye a quick rub.

"Looks like the three of us really helped this happily ever after come true. So cheers to us!" He says with booming laugher. "I'm your fairy godmother. Alba, you're Cinderella, and Ryle's the idiot prince. Without either of us this story just wouldn't go on."

"Seriously Marshall! How do you come up with this stuff!" I snort, and he giggles.

"I'm just that awesome, or wait! Right now I'm actually your pumpkin carriage. I do multiple rolls." He laughs as he pull into the driveway.

"Alright," Marshall announces, jumping out of the car. He runs over to my side and yanks my door open, "this is it my dear Cinderelly."

"Now you're the mice too?" I humor him and he chuckles.

"I told you, I do multiple rolls." He winks at me, then leads me into the entryway of the decorated cottage.

We wanted a small, meaningful wedding. So we decided close family and a small cottage was the best thing. A short wedding and then it's just me and Ryle. We're finally going to make his carnal desires come true. I snort to myself as Mama walks over in here gorgeous wine red dress. Then Kimy walks over in her striking deep blue dress. The two of them take either of my hands and guide me further into the cottage. In the living room waiting are aunt Charisse, uncle Gomez, and uncle Mark and aunt Sharon, and aunt Alicia. Even Dr. Kendrick and his family are here. I hug each and every one of them and thank them for coming.

Then Mama and Kimy take me by the elbows and lead me over to the backdoor where Emmy and Ryle wait for us. I kiss the both of them on their cheeks. Everything's happening so quietly and calmly, it feels like a serene dream. I swear if I walk up in my bed back at Kimy's I'm going to bawl my eyes out. The doors are pulled open and I see him, Ryle. He's waiting for me at the very end of the aisle. In his off white buttoned shirt and black dress pants, I can't help but smile at the suspenders. Our eyes meet and I know this is it, we're doing this. I quickly take two step forward and Mama and Kimy quickly pull me back with glares.

"Don't get to excited, you'll make a fool of us." Mama mumbles as we slowly start walking.

"But why do we have to walk so slowly?" I mumble back my eyes on Ryle's laughing eyes.

'He noticed.' I think to myself.

"You cannot be so eager on wedding day, wait till night time." Kimy mumbles and someone on the outer seat of the aisle, Alyssa, chuckles.

I look over my shoulder to see her in her flowing green dress, and she winks at me. I quickly turn back around and widen my eyes at Ryle and he frowns little and widens them back in question. His lips are smirking, I can see exactly how amusing this is for him. Once we reach him I quickly hop up unto the stand beside him and he grins at me.

"You're so obvious." He whispers, humbly taking my hands from Mama and Kimy.

"I can't help it." I grin.

We turn to the person with the marriage registry papers and smile big, wide, toothy smiles.

"We're ready." We say together and he nods.

"Witnesses to this wedding please stand." He calls out and everyone stands. "The bride will name the witness who will sign to her wedding papers." He says.

"Clare DeTamble, Mama." I reach out for her and she steps up beside me.

She bends over the papers gracefully and signs.

"Now the groom will name the witness who will sign the wedding papers." The man says.

"Marshall-" Ryle starts and Marshall cuts him off, eagerly stepping forward.

"I'm here!" Marshall calls out eagerly stepping forward, the clerk hands him the pen. "Oh you want my autograph? Sure thing!"

A good chuckle goes around as he signs the papers and steps back.

"Now the bride and groom will sign." He calls out and I grab the pen and quickly sign.

"Your turn." I say slapping the pen unto the table. Ryle smiles and picks it up, then carefully signs the paper.

"You are now officially acknowledged as husband, and wife." He announces and the crowd cheers.

"Rings!" Mama reminds me and I turn to Ryle.

He's already holding the ring in his hands.

"May I?" He asks, and I automatically set my hand forward.

I breath in deeply as he takes my hand, watching as he brings my hand up to his lips and kisses it. The crowd quietly watching us, waiting.

"Alba, I loved you then, I love you know, and I'll love you always. For me, it's as simple as that." Ryle says as slips the ring on.

"Thank you." I whisper, and turn to my Mama for my ring.

Instead I find her standing empty handed behind a sweet little boy. A boy with dark curls, and tan skin.