8.

𝓟𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓽 𝓱𝓾𝓻𝓽 𝓾𝓼.....𝓮𝔁𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓭𝓸."

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.
𝚂𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚆𝚊𝚜 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙸 𝙽𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚍.

FLASHBACK.....

Y/N was a fifteen year old.

Having already known that her passion is arts, she found it hard to tell her parents about it.

Her parents have always told her how they wish she would be a doctor. Since both of them were also doctors , they also expected her to be one.

And even despite their insistence, she knew that they wont be that mad at her even if she does not follow their footsteps.

And ooh boy was she wrong.

Having skipped many classes she was deciding on what to pick for college.

To her pleasant surprise. An arts college saw her work and insisted that she study over at their college. They said that the fees would be covered by scholorship. They seemed desperate. And Y/N liked it that people cared about her talent.

But on the other hand....her parents having many strong connections had already enroled her in a medical school......without a test too.

Y/N has never really told them how she doesn't want to do what they want her to.

Today Y/N had to tell them. Since the arts college was waiting for her reply.

"Mom, dad I want to talk to you." She said as they had a quite family dinner.

The family dinner they had were always silent. They never really talked to Y/N since they were always tired from work.

The occassional talks they did have though were just her parents discussing  any patient's condition.

They always did that so Y/N could get interested in medicene. But it never worked.

"Sure......" Her father said in a dull tone and her mother didn't bother reply.

Even though what she was about to say would upset them, but a part of her thought that they would except it.

This was what hurt her the most. Having expectations. Its normal for people to have expectations but what they dont realise is that people dont hurt them.....their expectations for people hurt them.

Yet she didn't realise that until she got hurt.

Taking a deep breath she said.

"I wanted to talk about the college you enroled me in...." at this both their attention was directed to her now. "I dont want to go there......I dont want to study medical."

She said and finally felt as if a huge weight was lifted from her shoulders. However this feeling instantly went away when she saw their expression.

Their was silence for what seemed like forever. And then her mom spoke.

"No." Her voice so cold that it made her daughter shiver.

"But mom.....i want to study arts.....its my passion.....a college is already offering me schol-"

"Enough.....we didn't raise you to do what you want to do....we are your parents and you would do what we want you to." It was her father who spoke.

Y/N felt an anger as she said.

"I dont want to be a doctor......because I see how hectic it is by seeing you guys......I dont want my kids to grow up feeling alone like how I did......I dont want to be like you!"

"We are saying this for your future young lady..."

"No you are not.....I will probably have more money but will I ever be happy? No I wont....I dont wanna end up like you gu-"

And suddenly she felt a sharp pain on her cheek. It was her father who slapped her.

And she felt hurt by what he did. She felt like he ruined her expectations.

"You will do as we say." He said and got up. He was about to go away when she said.

"No!"

And there it was. Y/N for the first time in her life had said no to something her parents had said.

"Oh so now you have grown a tongue to talk with......." Her father said as her mother added.

"We will see how you will be able to survive without us you ungrateful child..."

"I listen to everything you guys say.....but this time I wont!" Y/N said about to go out of the house.

"Fine.....but keep in mind if you dont listen to us and step one foot outside this very house.....then forget we are your parents." Her father said as her mother nodded.

Y/N froze over there. Letting her father's word sink in. She was.....

Devastated, heart broken, hurt and betrayed.

She always thought her parents would have been supportive. She always expected good from them.

Observing her silence her parents smirked.

"We thought so....come on now and eat dinner."

"No! I am going." Y/N said storming out pf the house leaving her parents shocked.

She took one last look at the house. The house she grew up in.

That is when she realised......that expectations hurt..not people.

That day she promised herself she wont have expectation for anyone.

But then again she made a compromise for him and did something she knew would hurt her in the end.

If only he knew that she made many compromises for him

TO BE CONTINUED...

This chapter is really close to my heart because something similar a few years ago happened to me :(