Cookies

Heyy everyone! Here's another short story for you 🥰
I just want to wish everyone a beautiful Christmas, and enjoy the holidays with your loved ones! Love you so much ❤️

•••

"What do you think, sweetheart?" Stefani asked the little blue-eyed girl as she put a spoon in her mouth to taste the cookie dough they had made together. They were baking cookies, and Lea was a big help. She wanted to do everything Stefani did.

"Yummy."

"I would add a little more sugar, hm?" Stefani smiled and Lea nodded, grinning.

"Can I?"

"Of course, darling. But don't put too much, okay? Just a little spoon, and then you can stir it." Stefani told her, suddenly feeling a pair of hands sneaking around her waist.

"Can I taste, too?" Bradley mumbled against her shoulder and she turned around to face him.

"Not yet. Wait until they are done." Stefani giggled and he just leaned in closer to her.
"You know I wasn't talking about the cookies.." he said in a low voice and gently kissed her on the lips.

Stefani smiled into the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck, while Lea put not one, but five spoons of sugar in the bowl.

"Hmm, you taste better than any cookie in this world." Bradley smiled lovingly, making Stefani's cheeks redden. She got lost in his ocean blue eyes, even forgetting they were making cookies, until Lea's calling brought her back to reality.

"Stefi, look!"

Stefani then turned around, seeing Lea stirring the dough with a wide smile on her face.

"Great job, princess! Okay, so now let's put them on a baking sheet and then in the oven." She smiled, completely forgetting to taste the cookie dough.

A few minutes later, the cookies were done and they all couldn't wait to taste them. Especially Lea.

"Here they are!" Stefani grinned and placed the plate on the table. "Darling, be careful, they are still a little hot." She told Lea and the little one nodded, carefully taking the cookie in her tiny hands.

"I'm so curious what my two beautiful girls baked together." Bradley smiled, taking a bite of the cookie, making a face afterwards.

"What?" Stefani looked at him, confused. She knew this recipe by heart, there was no way something could've gone wrong. She then bit into the cookie, scrunching her nose at the taste.

"Oh gosh, why is it so sweet?" She asked herself and then looked at the little blonde-haired girl, who was stuffing her face with the cookies.

"Lea, darling, did you add only one spoon of sugar like I told you?"

"No. I added, um–" the little one began counting on her fingers, "that many.."

"Five spoons? Oh, baby. It's too sweet now." Stefani laughed and stroked Lea's blonde locks.

"I like it." Lea said and began eating another cookie.

"B, it's your fault! I would have helped her with the sugar, but you distracted me with your kisses!" Stefani pouted, making Bradley laugh at her cuteness.

"You weren't complaining back then." He teased, chuckling. "But look, Lea likes them." He said, trying to cheer her up when he saw her sad expression.

"Yeah, but I wanted you to–" Stefani began, but Bradley silenced her by pressing his lips to hers.

"Stefani," he whispered against her lips when they parted, "it's okay, we can bake them again, tomorrow, or even today if you want to. I will help you." Bradley took her hand, and she smiled slightly.

"You're a sweetheart, B." Stefani caressed his cheek.

"But you are, and will always be my sweetest cookie." He gave her a peck on the lips once more, making her giggle.

"Even sweeter than the ones we've baked?" Stefani grinned, and Bradley wrapped his arm around her, bringing her closer to his body.

"Undoubtedly."