Venice Storm

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the love on the previous one shot, I really appreciate it! ❤️
Here's a new one. And just to let you know, Irina and Christian weren't at the premiere in this story.
Enjoy! 🌹

•••

Stefani was lying in bed in her hotel room, trying to process everything that has happened that day.

She was in Italy with Bradley Cooper.

Their movie premiere went perfect.

It was such an emotional day for both of them.

A thunderstorm came during the screening and still lasted. Stefani was completely alone in her dark hotel room, and her fear of storms wasn't helping the situation.

The heavy rain was falling from the sky and suddenly, there was a lightning, immediately followed by a loud thunder.

"Oh no.." Stefani mumbled and hid herself under the blanket. She grabbed the pillow and hugged it tightly, imagining there is someone with her, comforting her.

Then she got an idea. Probably the craziest idea. She quickly got out of the room, tiptoeing across the hallway and there she was, standing in front of Bradley's room.

Should I? No, it's embarrassing! But I don't want to be alone.. oh c'mon Stefani, knock! She argued with her own thoughts.

Finally, she got the courage to knock on the door. She didn't even think he would be up at this time, but then the door opened and she met with a pair of ocean blue eyes.

"Stef? What happened?" Bradley asked worriedly. His hair was messy and she found it really cute.

"Oh- uhm, I- this will probably sound very stupid, but can I please stay with you tonight? I'm afraid of storms.." Stefani admitted and Bradley chuckled.

"Hey, don't laugh!" She hid her face in her hands, becoming very embarrassed.

"I'm not laughing. It's cute, actually. Who would've thought that Lady Gaga is afraid of storms?" Bradley teased.

"Lady Gaga isn't, but Stefani is." She pouted and Bradley melted at the sight. Her petite figure was standing in front of him in her red nightgown, wanting to stay with him.

"You're adorable Stefani, you know that?" He smiled. "Come inside."

She heard another thunder, so she sprinted into his room, jumped into his bed and pulled the blankets over her head, hiding herself underneath them.

"Oh, Stef." Bradley closed the door and made his way towards the bed, lying beside her.

He slowly lifted the blanket so he could see her face. She looked at him, her big green eyes full of fear.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For bothering you.. I should have stayed in my room. I feel so stupid."

"No Stef, don't apologize. I'm glad you came and told me about this. Come here." Bradley opened his arms for her and she shifted closer to him, resting her head on his chest, as he wrapped his strong arms around her.

"Everything is okay, I'm here.." he soothed her, his hands running up and down her back.

Another lightning, another thunder.

Stefani started trembling and hid her face in the crook of his neck. Bradley held her tightly, whispering sweet things in her ear, calming her down.

She ended up being completely on top of him, clinging to his body. His warmth and gentle touches were slowly making her relax. She felt very safe in his arms.

"Thank you for comforting me, B." Stefani mumbled sleepily.

"Always." Bradley kissed the crown of her head. He would do anything to protect her.

She drifted off to sleep a while later. Bradley was still up, looking lovingly at her and observing every inch of her features. Her tiny body lying on top of him, her small hands gripping his shirt, her plump lips slightly apart and gosh, the soft sounds she was making – that was probably the cutest thing he's ever heard.

Every time he looked at her, he fell even more in love.

He told himself it wasn't right because they both had partners, but his heart told him otherwise. He couldn't help it. He was in love with her.

He slowly put her hair away from her face and kissed her on the forehead, falling asleep a moment later as well, dreaming of their future together.