Chapter 28: Jailmates

"Let us go!" Lisa said as the group was thrown into the jail cell. The demons locked them up and cackled while walking away. "This is hopeless! We'll never get out of here!" Sierra said. "At least we have each other," Bart told his wife and Sierra smiled. "Hello?" a small voice said. Ian recognized the voice but wasn't too sure. "Maddy? Is that you?" Ian asked. The voice spoke up again, "Uncle Ian? Auntie Violet?" Maddy said. A girl that looked like Maddy and a little joey stepped into the light. "Maddy!" Ian and Violet said in unison. "Auntie Violet! Uncle Ian!" Maddy said and ran up to give them a hug. "I missed you," she said. "We've missed you too," Violet smiled, hugging Maddy. Lisa and Sierra walked up to the joey who was scared. "Hello, what's your name?" Lisa asked him. "R-roo," Roo stuttered. "It's nice to meet you Roo," Sierra smiled. Roo knew they were friendly and smiled back. "Where's mommy and daddy?" Maddy asked. "Elsa is trapped and we can't find a way to get to her," Violet said. "What about daddy Uncle Ian? Is he trapped too?" Maddy asked. Ian sighed and looked out the window, thinking about where Barley was. Suddenly the cell door opened and there stood Pain and Panic. "Come on kid! You're coming with us!" Pain said as the demons and goons pushed Maddy forward. "No! Please!" Maddy cried out. Violet tried to stop them but her powers were not that strong enough since she was surrounded by a place with dark magic. Violet and Ian tried to stop the imps from taking Maddy away but to no prevail as the cell door slammed shut and locked. Maddy was yelling down the hallway and disappeared.

Authors note: Small chapter I know, but I am trying to get an idea of where the story is going so hang tight!